Thread: Tomlin 4th down

Bookmark and Share

Tomlin 4th down

What I always liked about Bill Cowher was how agressive he was on 4th down I think when you go for it on 4th and 1 or 4th and goal it take guts and it really shows what kind of team you are and how you play. I remember when the Steelers open the season agianst the Dolphins and Nick Saban missed the Challenge on Millers touchdown because nobody saw him i know cowher would be running on that filed to get the umpire attention. I hope Tomlin is as agressive as Cowher was on offense and LeBeau is on defense if he ever takes that role. I'm sure when he does go for that 4 and 1 the Steeler fans will go crazy even when he challenges they will I KNOW I WILL So what do you think is Tomlin going to be agressive as Cohwer.

cowher called dumb plays on 4th down....we had alot of failures, i guess he though willie and jerome were tha same or something.

Anyone remember that awesome fake punt against san diego....what a play call lol

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm not worried about LeBeau being aggresseive when he needs to be, he knows what hes doing. I never thought Cowher was that aggressive, I always thought he was too conservative at times. Yeah I do hope Tomlin is more aggressive, especially in situations where the other team isn't expecting it. I hope hes very unpredictable on offense to keep the other D on their heels.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

yeah cowher played not to lose...just because he was always pissed at something doesnt make him agressive lol. He was always aggressive when we had a big lead against the browns though lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I love seeing our defense make a stop on 4th and 1...that's just huge boost for the team when you shut down your opponent when they're going for it. As far as offense goes, there's times when you go for it and times when you don't. It's will against will, who wants it more. Downs like that tell a lot about your football team and how much faith the coach has in them.

i hope we are smartly aggressive. and I also hope we keep up the trick plays, those usually worked quite well for us

Thread Information