Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duce got alot of work against Carolina, but was it enough?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Duce got alot of work against Carolina, but was it enough?

Duce got about 20 carries in the first half alone tonight in the last preseason game..but was it enough to secure a roster spot? You could still tell he was rusty in his running style and not hitting the holes with power...but in his defense the backup OL he was behind wasn't helping all that much either.

Personally I think at this point in time right now, its still about 50-50. If we do cut him, you gotta think we'll be looking for more help because Humes hasn't done much in preseason either yet.

I've started to compare him to Ricky Williams post his premature retirement. Ricky didn't look good when he returned but about mid way you could tell he really hit his stride and started to look like the Ricky of old. I think this is how Duce will be if this Steelers can just hold onto him and give him a shot! The best way to get your legs back and knock off the rust is to get out there on the field and go at it!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'd buy into that theory, the only problem is he hasn't been healthy enough in 2 years to try and find his stride and if we hold onto him and he get injured again we could be screwed for veteran depth. It's gonna be a tough call either way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    2.4 yards a carry. get rid of him. he'll never live up to the hype he had coming in, just give his spot to kuhn and humes
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa
    2.4 yards a carry. get rid of him. he'll never live up to the hype he had coming in, just give his spot to kuhn and humes
    Ok Mr. positive!......lol I'll hold judgement on him until next Thursday. That's when it starts to count and he better be going full ahead! That goes for the whole team for that matter!!....lol

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan
    Ok Mr. positive!......lol I'll hold judgement on him until next Thursday. That's when it starts to count and he better be going full ahead! That goes for the whole team for that matter!!....lol

i've backed this fatass ever since he got here. enough is enough. he's fat and worthless. he just doesn't have it anymore. he's lost the passion. he looks satisfied now that he has a ring on his finger. i hope his fingers fall of so he can't wear it lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Addicted
    I say he is gone. He just seems to have lost something.

Here's another thought... The Carolina defense is pretty stout! As a team the Steelers only averaged 2.4 yards per carry, granted I didn't see the second half so I don't know how much more the Steelers ran the ball, but it wasn't all that bad really... Carolina only averaged 2.3 yards per carry.

I say keep him! I think thread needs a poll...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa
    i've backed this fatass ever since he got here. enough is enough. he's fat and worthless. he just doesn't have it anymore. he's lost the passion. he looks satisfied now that he has a ring on his finger. i hope his fingers fall of so he can't wear it lol

You've been raggin on Duce for the last year and half, who you trying to kid !

House of Steel
    I say cut that guy and get Ike Taylor and Joey Porter under contract longer. Duce is a waste of salary cap numbers and is a real eyesore there. We can look around for a brutal back. What about Kuhn for goodness sakes, he had a good preseason and could be the missing piece?

Thread Information