Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Hot Dog Sauce?

  1. #1
    Vet Tech SteelerBee43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hazard,Ky
    Posts
    3,050

    Hot Dog Sauce?

    Does anyone have a good recipe for hot dog sauce thats not spicey.




  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by FleaFlicker View Post
    Does anyone have a good recipe for hot dog sauce thats not spicey.
    hmmmmm....not spicy huh???? i'll have to think on that one.......

  3. #3
    Vet Tech SteelerBee43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hazard,Ky
    Posts
    3,050
    I have gallbladder,and ulcer issues,and spicey kills me even onions can do me in but I take a nexium and eatum anyway




  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by FleaFlicker View Post
    I have gallbladder,and ulcer issues,and spicey kills me even onions can do me in but I take a nexium and eatum anyway
    No problem. I'll just have to think on that. Any chili or anything I've heard for dogs is spicy, I think.

  5. #5
    MRS Steelerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,276
    I have a couple that are Delish.

    1-- is two tbls of Gulden's golden brown mustard with one jar of Red Current Jelly. Just heat until liquidfied and cook hot dogs in sauce.

    2- Although you would think it is spicey it is not... 1 jar of cocktail sauce to one jar of grape jelly!!!Do the same is above.

    These are two of the Favs here
    _______________________________________

  6. #6
    Living Legend Steelersfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,116
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by MRS Steelerfan View Post
    I have a couple that are Delish.

    1-- is two tbls of Gulden's golden brown mustard with one jar of Red Current Jelly. Just heat until liquidfied and cook hot dogs in sauce.

    2- Although you would think it is spicey it is not... 1 jar of cocktail sauce to one jar of grape jelly!!!Do the same is above.

    These are two of the Favs here
    I can verify that both of these are pretty damn good!

  7. #7
    Waterboy xxxyank's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    28
    how about Ketchup? always worked for me...lol

    A good hotdog is hard to come by, I personally like Boar's Head hotdogs or Nathan's, I could eat them all day plain... But i do like a lil ketchup every now and then...

  8. #8
    Starter Dako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Smithsburg, MD
    Posts
    1,361

    Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce FCG style

    INGREDIENTS
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 pound lean ground beef
    1 onion, chopped
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon paprika
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    DIRECTIONS
    In large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook ground beef in butter until brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chopped onion and cook until beef juices run clear, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
    Stir in salt, pepper, paprika and chile powder. Add water to cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, stirring frequently, 10 to 15 minutes.



    Thanks to BB2W for the sig

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Dako View Post
    INGREDIENTS
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 pound lean ground beef
    1 onion, chopped
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon paprika
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    DIRECTIONS
    In large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook ground beef in butter until brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chopped onion and cook until beef juices run clear, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
    Stir in salt, pepper, paprika and chile powder. Add water to cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, stirring frequently, 10 to 15 minutes.
    Hey! If you can make it, why haven't I been invited yet???!!!

    Of course you know I thought of this first off, but she said she needed non spicy and I thought this might be too much???

  10. #10
    Starter Dako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Smithsburg, MD
    Posts
    1,361
    i eat cherry peppers out of the jar and get my wings suicide....so...."not spicy" is a relative thing.......hope its not too spicy....


    if not,....here is a sweet one....
    INGREDIENTS:
    1 cup chopped onions
    2 green bell peppers, chopped
    2/3 cup sweet pickle relish
    1/2 cup cider vinegar
    2 cups chili sauce
    1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
    1 tablespoon prepared mustard
    (few dashes hot pepper sauce or ground cayenne pepper)
    Last edited by Dako; 05-22-2007 at 12:31 AM.



    Thanks to BB2W for the sig

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Blazy's Pepperoni Studded Lasagna
    By StlersGuy in forum Main Dishes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 07:05 AM
  2. Steelers Hot sauce!
    By Stairwayto7 in forum Sides & Tailgate Food
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 01:16 PM
  3. Jezebel sauce
    By MRS Steelerfan in forum Sides & Tailgate Food
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •