Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Dog Sauce?

Hybrid View

Hot Dog Sauce?

Does anyone have a good recipe for hot dog sauce thats not spicey.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by FleaFlicker View Post
    Does anyone have a good recipe for hot dog sauce thats not spicey.
    hmmmmm....not spicy huh???? i'll have to think on that one.......

I have gallbladder,and ulcer issues,and spicey kills me even onions can do me in but I take a nexium and eatum anyway

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    I have gallbladder,and ulcer issues,and spicey kills me even onions can do me in but I take a nexium and eatum anyway
    No problem. I'll just have to think on that. Any chili or anything I've heard for dogs is spicy, I think.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Hey Flea--Just curious if you've ever done the 14 day Prilosec treatment? I don't have an ulcer, but deal with a pretty "dicey" stomach--heartburn so bad it was makin me cough--and was takin Tums like they were candy--the 1000 mg ones, 5, 6, 7 times a day...anyway, I understand that treament for an ulcer is probably different, but perhaps you could discuss with your doc whether the Prilosec might be helpful at all?

I went from several antacids a day, to exactly what the tv ads describe--ZERO heartburn--and by the way, I'm on day 7. (I stopped havin the heartburn all day everyday on about day 3). MIRACLE stuff.

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
    Hey Flea--Just curious if you've ever done the 14 day Prilosec treatment? I don't have an ulcer, but deal with a pretty "dicey" stomach--heartburn so bad it was makin me cough--and was takin Tums like they were candy--the 1000 mg ones, 5, 6, 7 times a day...anyway, I understand that treament for an ulcer is probably different, but perhaps you could discuss with your doc whether the Prilosec might be helpful at all?

I went from several antacids a day, to exactly what the tv ads describe--ZERO heartburn--and by the way, I'm on day 7. (I stopped havin the heartburn all day everyday on about day 3). MIRACLE stuff.
    wow i might have to try this because my flux is bad!!!!!!

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    I take meds for this ever day. But sense I been on the pills I can eat anything

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post

No I haven't tried Prilosec,but Nexium does work for me.Most of the time my attacks are not only brought on by food,they are also caused by stress.Between severe migranes,T.M.J.,and my back,I'm lucky to have a good day of no pain.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoWard View Post
    wow i might have to try this because my flux is bad!!!!!!
    You really should--I bet you'd be shocked at the difference by no longer than the third day (and the effects last 4 months!!) I know that, because it says so on the box, and I've known several people it worked for

No I haven't tried Prilosec,but Nexium does work for me.Most of the time my attacks are not only brought on by food,they are also caused by stress.....
    I've had heartburn brought on by stress too (even smoking can cause it)
    --but again--please get your doctor's "ok" for your condition, since yours is a bit different than general heartburn/ acid reflux.

I have a couple that are Delish.

1-- is two tbls of Gulden's golden brown mustard with one jar of Red Current Jelly. Just heat until liquidfied and cook hot dogs in sauce.

2- Although you would think it is spicey it is not... 1 jar of cocktail sauce to one jar of grape jelly!!!Do the same is above.

These are two of the Favs here

Thread Information