Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan Rooney Is Worried About Alan Faneca's Health

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

Dan Rooney Is Worried About Alan Faneca's Health

As peculiar as it was to hear Alan Faneca lay into the Pittsburgh Steelers for not giving him a new deal, it was just as peculiar to hear team owner Dan Rooney comment publicly on the matter. And when I write "comment publicly," I mean "make some really funny comments to the local news guy with well-coiffed hair."
    "I wasn't pleased with [Faneca's comments]; but you know, I don't know whether they were contrived... I think he really feels that way. He's very emotional."

Rooney went on to say that he's actually concerned about Faneca's health.

"I worry about him. I was concerned that he might get himself so worked up that he could cause himself some harm, medically."
    I love this last quote. Think about it for a second: Faneca, who makes his living running full speed into fat guys, has the owner worried about his health because of an emotional interview he gave regarding his contract. That's rich.

That Faneca might give himself a heart attack from all of this is a possibility, I guess. But I don't think that was Rooney's point in bringing it up. If anything, it pointed out Faneca has gone about renegotiating a new deal the exact wrong way. It's one thing to insinuate that the Detroit Lions or the Arizona Cardinals are cheap and don't care about their players, but to say that about the Pittsburgh Steelers makes you look crazy.

And when one of the league's most respected owners goes on television to point out you're head might explode because of emotional issues, well, that doesn't exactly up your resale value. But hey, I got a good laugh out it, so thanks Alan!
    the steelers should just offer Alan to the Cardinals in exchange for Levi Brown and forget the entire mess.We,ll see how serious The Cards's head
    and assistant head coaches are about him.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    the steelers should just offer Alan to the Cardinals in exchange for Levi Brown and forget the entire mess.We,ll see how serious The Cards's head
    and assistant head coaches are about him.
    Noway the Cards trade a young OT they drafted with the 5th overall pick for an aging OG.lol I just can't see Whiz and Grimm making that trade no matter how much love they have for Alan Faneca.

As for the Faneca having a heart attack. Thats funny and I can't believe Mr. Rooney said that. I don't think Alan would have a heart attack no matter how worked up he got about his contract status.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think part of this is surely tongue & cheek by Mr. Rooney. He knows Alan is a good player in this league but at the same time he knows what they can and cannot offer him. Im sure he wishes Alan would go about this in a different manner like we all do, but overall Dan Rooney has a bit of a dry sense of humor so you could interpret it several different ways

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i think the article is fake
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

He should've been listening to sirius nfl radio and took the advice they gave Faneca ,,,,,,,, Just shut up & don't speak to the media

lol this article is sooooooooooooo fake lol

and why would they trade levi for faneca....thats called being trade raped lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Trade raped? but hey if they'd be willing to do it then we'd be stupid now too but yes I know they'd never go for it.

there is no way, brown is a mammoth LT who is a rookie and was taken 5th overall and plays light on his feet....faneca is an old whiny bitch.... that is a trade rape lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Actually Brown will play RT since Matt is a lefty.

lol again with the technicalities

Thread Information