Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My idea of a New NFL League Conduct Provision.

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

House of Steel

My idea of a New NFL League Conduct Provision.

Before you bash me for something totally stupid in your opinion, I want you to have an open mind before you decide to really bash me good for this. A lot of folks on other boards have agreed with me about my idea of a League Wide Conduct Provision designed specifically for players that get the bright idea in engaging in criminal activities.

I would love to tell Roger Goddell this, HEY, brother, you really need to slam your foot down on that organization. Suspend and heavily fine the entire organization and the owner for not controlling their players to league conduct provisions. You will be forced to forfeit the entire 2007 season, and you will be suspended from all business operations for the entire 2007 season. Failure to comply will result in a total takeover by the National Football League and losses of all revenues and job titles. Well see how fast they clean their acts up. I am dead serious, they really need to be extremely strict now. Every organization in the National Football League needs to have this policy in a effect. Well see how fast these players want to screw around.

Players Suspensions for Offensive of Criminal Conduct:

First : One season suspension and lost of all bounses in their contract, the organization will be fined $ 1 million dollar in violation of the League Conduct Provisions.

Second: Three Seasons Suspension and lost of all bounses. All advertising contract will be voided and suspended by the NFL and the corporate sponsors. The Organization will be fined $10 million dollars in violation of the League Conduct Provisions.

Third: Lifetime Ban from the National Football League with no appeal. All sponsor endorsements will be forfeited for lifetime ban. The Organization will suffer a season forfeit of all games, operations will be seized immediately and will be conducted by the National Football League committee on League Conduct violations. Operations will resume in the next season after the Pro Bowl of that season. The Organization will suffer a $25 million dollar fine and lost of their first round draft pick in that NFL Draft.

You can't sit there and tell me this isn't strict. This would seriously wake up a lot of people. I am not doing this to get a joke or get provoked by anyone, this is indeed my seriousness going to work here. I am sick and tired of seeing professional sports organization getting tarnished and rundown by a bunch of thugs wannabes and criminals. I am telling you, if I was ever commissioner of a major professional sports league, this is the very first thing I would lay down on the job. Take it or leave it. This is the answer to the whole scenario in my opinion.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I don't know banning a whole team since a few bad apples can't get the picture isn't right. I think Goodell just needs to give lifetime bans to players like Pacman and Chris Henry. Getting lifetime bans would wake the players up in my mind.

Reppin' 724
    Well I had an open mind....and it still stupid...lol. You cant punish everyone in an organization for the mistkes of the few. You hve to figure that the average NFL team emplys around 1,000 people who aren't anywhere near millionares. The teams folds, they lose a lot of money.

Maybe he needs to fine the organizations, or the owners, when these players mess up with this frequency, but you can't ban a team.

I like the spirit of the proposal. But it seems difficult to enforce. One, I have a hard time seeing the players union ever signing on.

The other thing that would make it difficult would be determining what was a violation. Is merely getting arrested and charged a violation? Unless the violator admits guilt, it seems like the league would have to wait until the legal system determined guilt. That would take so long in most cases that the team couldn't be punished in the same season. So then you might end up punishing a team full of people who weren't even there when the infraction occurred (also known as the NCAA system...).

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    yeah, it's kinda dumb to punish the whole team just cause one dumbass on the team, and the owner isn't there to babysit, these guys just need to grow the **** up and realize they ain't in the hood no more................

i don't get it, why do football players get in trouble with the law so much??? it doesn't happen that often in basketball..........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    yeah, it's kinda dumb to punish the whole team just cause one dumbass on the team, and the owner isn't there to babysit, these guys just need to grow the **** up and realize they ain't in the hood no more................

i don't get it, why do football players get in trouble with the law so much??? it doesn't happen that often in basketball..........
    Yeah....you would think it would be the other way around.....if you thought about it in a stereotypical way.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    You clearly don't live in the viewing area of the Indiana Pacers.
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

House of Steel
    The point of the matter is this, submit something like this, and you will see how fast every stinking one of them clean their act up. Scare em. Don't enforce it, but just scare and make them think your damn serious about that proposal.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Give Goodell a chance, he just started working. He already suspended Pacman for 1 year. He implemented his 3 strikes program, if he enforces that the way he says, then that should help out quite a bit. Its also up to management and especially the players of the team to help straighten these guys up. Ever hear of a blanket party? It works in the Army, it would definitely work in the NFL. Team leaders need to step up and start throwin MFer's into lockers and bash heads to show these guys they are ****in up big time. The talking is over with, its time to start doing something.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

well lets do it like the NCAA. If there is a major violation or more than a certain number of players arrested, the team regardless of record is banned from the playoffs

Thread Information