Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Role Model LeBron James

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    So what are you saying then? he shouldn't have even been at the game? first you admonish him for for not having his mind on the game and costing gamblers money, now what? I'm confused Lyn.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    So what are you saying then? he shouldn't have even been at the game? first you admonish him for for not having his mind on the game and costing gamblers money, now what? I'm confused Lyn.
    Awh, I know it is hard for some of us to pick up jest. I am very concerned about gamblers!
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The fact is that many many kids these days look up to pro athletes as role models whether their parents want them too or not. Obviously Lebron doesn't have to consult with anyone on how he wants to live his life, who he wants to be with, how many kids he wants, etc...but when it comes down to it these guys are role models for kids and what they do affects their fans lives many times, especially when it's younger children or teenagers who see all the glitz, glam, and fame of being a pro athlete.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    And in comes Einstein!~ Family is more important than a game? You are kidding of course
    The fact of the matter is, you said he's a bad role model b/c he said his g/f was on his mind during the game? And he is a bad role model bc he is having kids out of wedlock? I'm just trying to figure out why you said he was a bad role model.....thats all....

I really don't see anything wrong with Lebron having 2 kids. Atleast he is there for them. I'm sure he will end up marrying his girlfriend in time....but he might want to make sure that it's for real, which is in all of their best intrests, including the kids. My fiance and I have 2 kids and we are getting married in July. We wanted to make sure we were ready for marriage, and I think we are now at a wonderful point in our relationship, and we now feel very confident our marriage will last. While it's not my dream (I would have loved to be marry then have our kids) I have never been happier. Even if things with Lebron and his girlfriend don't work out, he seems like he will be there for his children.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

If his gf was in labor he should not have been at the game, he should have been with her, to show that family is more impdortant, no one could have faulted him for it, and even with him there they lost so it would not have been that big a deal and as for the role model thing, he is showing that it is okay to put a game or work over family and that it is alright to make excuses and to be a sore loser.

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by okiesteeler View Post
    If his gf was in labor he should not have been at the game, he should have been with her, to show that family is more impdortant, no one could have faulted him for it, and even with him there they lost so it would not have been that big a deal and as for the role model thing, he is showing that it is okay to put a game or work over family and that it is alright to make excuses and to be a sore loser.
    well what happened was his girlfriend was at the gamn and had to be taken out on a strecher. i was there and saw it happen! so i could defenitly see why his mind was not on the game!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Like TEE said, hes got his priorities right, at least hes worried about his g/f and not the game. You also don't see his name poppin up with another woman having his kids. TOP said it right also, whether these guys want to believe it or not, they are role models, it takes a lot of maturity to accept that and make a difference.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoWard View Post
    well what happened was his girlfriend was at the gamn and had to be taken out on a strecher. i was there and saw it happen! so i could defenitly see why his mind was not on the game!!!
    Well if his pregnant girlfriend had to be taken out of the game by life squad and he didn't go with her, then I really do think less of him.

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
    Well if his pregnant girlfriend had to be taken out of the game by life squad and he didn't go with her, then I really do think less of him.
    well the thing of it is i don't think he even knew because she just got up and walked out. so i don't even think he knew till later that they actually took her away!

Thread Information