Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Role Model LeBron James

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Steelerlyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    5,345
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Wink Role Model LeBron James

    I heard and so did anyone listening hear Lebron James say last night that his head was not into basketball because his girlfriend was in labor with their second child, etc. (he said alot more defending the reason he only had 20 points or whatever but I am focusing on the girlfriend/kid thing. Now, I know he is young, but does he have a clue how many little boys look up to him?
    We have enough of that kind of behavior, enough kids running around who don't even know who their dad is. I just feel it is very inapproiate for a role model (and all sports figures are role models whether they want to be or not).
    If he is going to continue to sleep with this "girlfriend" and coninue to make babies, he needs to marry the girl or keep his mouth shut and his "family" out of the spotlight. That sounded so........so.........so......ghetto!
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

    Lyn

    www.blackngoldpride.com

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU






    Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

  2. #2
    Reppin' 724
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC- But from Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    5,223
    Why does he need to get married? Just b/c our Christian values say so, doens't mean he needs to follow them. At least he isn't out getting random chicks pregnant, and it is his g/f who, I believe he lives with. I lived with my wife when she was just my g/f, does that make me ghetto? It's not like we were on birth control or anything. Not everyone has to live their lives according to what our "standards" are.

    Besides, it's not like this kid is going to grow up not knowing who his dad is.

  3. #3
    Steelerlyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    5,345
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Wink

    Tee, you are reading way too much into this. I am not promoting anything all I am saying is that he is a basketball player followed by many small children and his focus should be on that alone, not bringing up his personal life. Probably many of the kids watching him have no dad because their dad may have left them, my only point is, imo, he has no right to give anyone of those kids a thought like, "my dad lived with his girlfriend, that was my mom, and they had a baby, it was me, then my dad left us." That is all I am saying, my dear!
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

    Lyn

    www.blackngoldpride.com

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU






    Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

  4. #4
    Reppin' 724
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC- But from Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    5,223
    I don't see a probem with it. It's a valid excuse.

  5. #5
    Steelerlyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    5,345
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Wink

    tha's your opinon and we both have a right to an opinion. We agree to disagree
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

    Lyn

    www.blackngoldpride.com

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU






    Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

  6. #6
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    At least LeBron James isn't another Adam "Pacman" Jones,Chris Henry, Ron Artest...Not everybody is perfect. I also don't think athletes are role models. I know I wouldn't my kids if I had any looking up to these ego manics.lol

  7. #7
    AZ_Steeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    19,358
    Exactly BG32... especially considering the group he could hanging out with down in Bengal country! What he does in his personal life shouldn't be an issue as long as he's not a menace to society. Granted he's young and this is his second kid, but it is with the same girl and he should be commended for that alone!

    I'm sure they'll get married, he's just saving his money now to pay for it. Plus he's been going non stop the past 2 years now with the NBA and the Olympic qualifying... they'll get there one day!

  8. #8
    Steelerlyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    5,345
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Exactly BG32... especially considering the group he could hanging out with down in Bengal country! What he does in his personal life shouldn't be an issue as long as he's not a menace to society. Granted he's young and this is his second kid, but it is with the same girl and he should be commended for that alone!

    I'm sure they'll get married, he's just saving his money now to pay for it. Plus he's been going non stop the past 2 years now with the NBA and the Olympic qualifying... they'll get there one day!
    I would never ever want one of my kids to look up to any guy in pro sports as their role model but face it, kids do look up to athletes whether we want them to or not. Saving money? We are talking about a guy who has gazilions of gazillions of bucks. (I have a card of his tha is worth quite a bit) I don't care what he does, it just sounded bad when he was being interviewed last night. His g/f was in labor and he was more concerned about her than the game and he said so. It just did not come out right, I thougt of all the fans who had bet on the game and lost money, etc, etc, etc, but all I really care about are the children who may have been hurt by what he said, adults can take care of themselves but kids, I love kids.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

    Lyn

    www.blackngoldpride.com

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU






    Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

  9. #9
    Reppin' 724
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC- But from Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    I would never ever want one of my kids to look up to any guy in pro sports as their role model but face it, kids do look up to athletes whether we want them to or not. Saving money? We are talking about a guy who has gazilions of gazillions of bucks. (I have a card of his tha is worth quite a bit) I don't care what he does, it just sounded bad when he was being interviewed last night. His g/f was in labor and he was more concerned about her than the game and he said so. It just did not come out right, I thougt of all the fans who had bet on the game and lost money, etc, etc, etc, but all I really care about are the children who may have been hurt by what he said, adults can take care of themselves but kids, I love kids.
    You thought of all the kids who saw a guy on TV who had his priorities str8. He was more worried about his g/f than some game, good for him. Who cares if some degenerate gamblers lost money on the game, thats their problem not LeBron's, here's an idea, don't depend on other to mkae your money for you.

    Why would the children be hurt by what he said? Do we really want a society where games are more important than family members? When my wife went into labor in the 4th, I skipped my softball game (which is in a league where each player on the championship teams gets $100) and went to the labor with my wife, of course, why wouldn't I? Had I gone to my game, and had my priorites messed up who would have suffered? My wife and my kid, which is all that matters to me. I'm sure leBron would have much rather been at the hospital, if anything I think kids should see that in the long run, what happens on a basketball court is trivial compared to what happens to your family.

  10. #10
    Steelerlyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    5,345
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    You thought of all the kids who saw a guy on TV who had his priorities str8. He was more worried about his g/f than some game, good for him. Who cares if some degenerate gamblers lost money on the game, thats their problem not LeBron's, here's an idea, don't depend on other to mkae your money for you.

    Why would the children be hurt by what he said? Do we really want a society where games are more important than family members? When my wife went into labor in the 4th, I skipped my softball game (which is in a league where each player on the championship teams gets $100) and went to the labor with my wife, of course, why wouldn't I? Had I gone to my game, and had my priorites messed up who would have suffered? My wife and my kid, which is all that matters to me. I'm sure leBron would have much rather been at the hospital, if anything I think kids should see that in the long run, what happens on a basketball court is trivial compared to what happens to your family.
    And in comes Einstein!~ Family is more important than a game? You are kidding of course
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

    Lyn

    www.blackngoldpride.com

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU






    Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. James Harrison on "SIRIUS",,,,,,,,,,,,
    By BlitzburghNation in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 12:29 AM
  2. Steelers Notebook: Defense's goal: Keep James under 100
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 12:16 AM
  3. James Harrison gets his shot at big role
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 10:24 PM
  4. Lebron grows up..teammates step up
    By Deb in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •