Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Role Model LeBron James

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Amazed

Wink Role Model LeBron James

I heard and so did anyone listening hear Lebron James say last night that his head was not into basketball because his girlfriend was in labor with their second child, etc. (he said alot more defending the reason he only had 20 points or whatever but I am focusing on the girlfriend/kid thing. Now, I know he is young, but does he have a clue how many little boys look up to him?
    We have enough of that kind of behavior, enough kids running around who don't even know who their dad is. I just feel it is very inapproiate for a role model (and all sports figures are role models whether they want to be or not).
    If he is going to continue to sleep with this "girlfriend" and coninue to make babies, he needs to marry the girl or keep his mouth shut and his "family" out of the spotlight. That sounded so........so.........so......ghetto!
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Reppin' 724
    Why does he need to get married? Just b/c our Christian values say so, doens't mean he needs to follow them. At least he isn't out getting random chicks pregnant, and it is his g/f who, I believe he lives with. I lived with my wife when she was just my g/f, does that make me ghetto? It's not like we were on birth control or anything. Not everyone has to live their lives according to what our "standards" are.

Besides, it's not like this kid is going to grow up not knowing who his dad is.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

Tee, you are reading way too much into this. I am not promoting anything all I am saying is that he is a basketball player followed by many small children and his focus should be on that alone, not bringing up his personal life. Probably many of the kids watching him have no dad because their dad may have left them, my only point is, imo, he has no right to give anyone of those kids a thought like, "my dad lived with his girlfriend, that was my mom, and they had a baby, it was me, then my dad left us." That is all I am saying, my dear!

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

Reppin' 724
    I don't see a probem with it. It's a valid excuse.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

tha's your opinon and we both have a right to an opinion. We agree to disagree

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    At least LeBron James isn't another Adam "Pacman" Jones,Chris Henry, Ron Artest...Not everybody is perfect. I also don't think athletes are role models. I know I wouldn't my kids if I had any looking up to these ego manics.lol

Exactly BG32... especially considering the group he could hanging out with down in Bengal country! What he does in his personal life shouldn't be an issue as long as he's not a menace to society. Granted he's young and this is his second kid, but it is with the same girl and he should be commended for that alone!

I'm sure they'll get married, he's just saving his money now to pay for it. Plus he's been going non stop the past 2 years now with the NBA and the Olympic qualifying... they'll get there one day!

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Exactly BG32... especially considering the group he could hanging out with down in Bengal country! What he does in his personal life shouldn't be an issue as long as he's not a menace to society. Granted he's young and this is his second kid, but it is with the same girl and he should be commended for that alone!

I'm sure they'll get married, he's just saving his money now to pay for it. Plus he's been going non stop the past 2 years now with the NBA and the Olympic qualifying... they'll get there one day!
    I would never ever want one of my kids to look up to any guy in pro sports as their role model but face it, kids do look up to athletes whether we want them to or not. Saving money? We are talking about a guy who has gazilions of gazillions of bucks. (I have a card of his tha is worth quite a bit) I don't care what he does, it just sounded bad when he was being interviewed last night. His g/f was in labor and he was more concerned about her than the game and he said so. It just did not come out right, I thougt of all the fans who had bet on the game and lost money, etc, etc, etc, but all I really care about are the children who may have been hurt by what he said, adults can take care of themselves but kids, I love kids.

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    I would never ever want one of my kids to look up to any guy in pro sports as their role model but face it, kids do look up to athletes whether we want them to or not. Saving money? We are talking about a guy who has gazilions of gazillions of bucks. (I have a card of his tha is worth quite a bit) I don't care what he does, it just sounded bad when he was being interviewed last night. His g/f was in labor and he was more concerned about her than the game and he said so. It just did not come out right, I thougt of all the fans who had bet on the game and lost money, etc, etc, etc, but all I really care about are the children who may have been hurt by what he said, adults can take care of themselves but kids, I love kids.
    You thought of all the kids who saw a guy on TV who had his priorities str8. He was more worried about his g/f than some game, good for him. Who cares if some degenerate gamblers lost money on the game, thats their problem not LeBron's, here's an idea, don't depend on other to mkae your money for you.

Why would the children be hurt by what he said? Do we really want a society where games are more important than family members? When my wife went into labor in the 4th, I skipped my softball game (which is in a league where each player on the championship teams gets $100) and went to the labor with my wife, of course, why wouldn't I? Had I gone to my game, and had my priorites messed up who would have suffered? My wife and my kid, which is all that matters to me. I'm sure leBron would have much rather been at the hospital, if anything I think kids should see that in the long run, what happens on a basketball court is trivial compared to what happens to your family.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    You thought of all the kids who saw a guy on TV who had his priorities str8. He was more worried about his g/f than some game, good for him. Who cares if some degenerate gamblers lost money on the game, thats their problem not LeBron's, here's an idea, don't depend on other to mkae your money for you.

Why would the children be hurt by what he said? Do we really want a society where games are more important than family members? When my wife went into labor in the 4th, I skipped my softball game (which is in a league where each player on the championship teams gets $100) and went to the labor with my wife, of course, why wouldn't I? Had I gone to my game, and had my priorites messed up who would have suffered? My wife and my kid, which is all that matters to me. I'm sure leBron would have much rather been at the hospital, if anything I think kids should see that in the long run, what happens on a basketball court is trivial compared to what happens to your family.
    And in comes Einstein!~ Family is more important than a game? You are kidding of course

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

Thread Information