Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chad Brown?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    PatriotsInsider.com has confirmed Brown agreed to terms with the Patriots and is planning on a second go around with the boys from New England. Brown was with the New England Patriots in 2005 as the team struggled with injuries. He started alongside fellow newcomer Monty Beisel on the inside. When Tedy Bruschi returned from injury, Brown was relegated to more of a backup role. When the seasons ended, Brown was still part of the Patriots roster, but eventually moved on after being released by New England prior to the start of the 2006 season. Brown played for the Steelers in 2006.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    http://patsblog.wordpress.com/2007/0...gn-chad-brown/
    According to South Coast Today, the Patriots are expected to sign linebacker Chad Brown. In the report:

The Patriots and 15-year veteran linebacker Chad Brown, who spent the 2005 season in New England, have agreed to terms, according to a league source.

The signing comes in the wake of a report by the San Diego Tribune that the Pats have also come to terms with another vintage linebacker, Junior Seau.

After they were shredded by the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship Game, linebacker was considered a position of need for the Pats to address in the draft. But instead of getting younger, they have gotten older. They only used one of their picks, a sixth-rounder on Southern Methodist’s Justin Rogers, to fill the gaps at linebacker.

For Brown, who will turn 37 in July, 2007 will be his 16th NFL campaign. Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel and Larry Izzo are also long in the tooth and Rosevelt Colvin will be 30 when the season starts.

Brown was signed by the Patriots in 2005 as a free agent and was credited with 54 tackles in 15 games (five starts). Brown was originally drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1993 and played there until 1996.

Although this report sounds promising, Chad Brown’s agent declined that Chad had signed with the Patriots for now at least. Brown was cut last year at the end of training camp, but should still make the roster this year. Brown, 37, is still versatlile, and still has enough left in the tank to provide depth off the bench.

I really hope this doesn't happen. Chad Brown is and always will be a Steeler. He got a chance to go out a Steeler last year, and that's the way it should stay. They don't even like him in New England.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Here is another update as of 5/24/07:

No New England deal with Chad Brown

Peter Schaeffer, who represents Chad Brown, continues to deny a report from last week stating the free agent linebacker had come to terms with the New England Patriots.

Brown played with the Patriots in 2005, making five starts and appearing in 15 games.
    Link

Who cares about Chad Brown? He's washed up.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post
    Who cares about Chad Brown? He's washed up.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Chad Brown might be washed up but he was a hell of a player for the Steelers back in the day.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    Chad Brown might be washed up but he was a hell of a player for the Steelers back in the day.
    Yeah, 10 years ago.

Thread Information