Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Mini-camp Observations

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170

    Mini-camp Observations

    Duce Staley By Dale Lolley
    For SteelCityInsider.com
    Posted May 13, 2007

    Minicamp is over and OTAs are around the corner. Here's what we learned over the weekend watching the Steelers run around in shorts.

    The Pittsburgh Steelers signed Kevan Barlow to a free agent deal this week to possibly help ease the burden on running back Willie Parker.

    The team then gave Barlow No. 22 and put him in Duce Staley's old locker – no kidding.

    Barlow promptly went out and sprained his ankle on the second day of practice with his new team. If he adds about 20 pounds between now and training camp, the coincidences will be too great to ignore.
    Glad I'm not the only one who see's the possibility of "Duce 2" I'm trying to be optimistic about him but we will see. Even if he turns out to be another "Duce" it's not like he will play a big role in our offense anyway. Sure woulda been nice to trade Faneca off even if it was for a 2nd rounder next year. Also not very encouraging was the fact our first two picks got injured and watched most of the drills from the sidelines. Sure hope these two guys turn out to be the studs we hoped they would be!

    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  2. #2
    BlitzburghNation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hazard,Ky
    Posts
    7,874
    Well said B&G4ever

    Just mini-camp though,,,,,,,it's a long way till september's kick-off

  3. #3
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who see's the possibility of "Duce 2" I'm trying to be optimistic about him but we will see. Even if he turns out to be another "Duce" it's not like he will play a big role in our offense anyway. Sure woulda been nice to trade Faneca off even if it was for a 2nd rounder next year. Also not very encouraging was the fact our first two picks got injured and watched most of the drills from the sidelines. Sure hope these two guys turn out to be the studs we hoped they would be!

    i don't get this whole duce 2 thing, duce was brought in to be a starter for several years, barlow is being brought in just to compete a little with dookie, not make an impact like duce was expected to do, so there is no comparison over these two guys
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  4. #4
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i don't get this whole duce 2 thing, duce was brought in to be a starter for several years, barlow is being brought in just to compete a little with dookie, not make an impact like duce was expected to do, so there is no comparison over these two guys
    Sure their roles are different. It's their contributions that are likely to draw comparisons.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  5. #5
    GO STEELERS BRICKTOWN BEAST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    333
    I think Davenport will be the back up and a dam good one espcially since Barlow is here

  6. #6
    PsychoWard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Madison,Ohio
    Posts
    7,690
    My Mood
    Horny
    its a little to early to jump the gun yeah there were a few injuries but they were all very minor!!! i think we will be fine!

  7. #7
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Sure their roles are different. It's their contributions that are likely to draw comparisons.
    ...or lack thereof because of injuries that really makes me think of Duce...

  8. #8
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    but we've had other backs that get hurt all the time, why can't he be compared to haynes??? it's just stupid to bring up duce, duce came in the first year and was badass until he got hurt, and then he was just never the same, barlow is coming in and will not get a legit chance to do anything, cause dookie has the back up spot on lock no matter what, he did good on passing third downs, and on special teams, so no other back on the roster will take his spot.........so barlow can't be compared cause he will not play enough to get hurt, so duces name shouldn't even be thought of...he's here for depth and that's it, not to make any sort of impact
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. High quality Mini camp pics
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Pictures, Videos, & Songs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 09:41 PM
  2. Training Camp Can Drive Some Over the Edge
    By Deb in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 01:55 AM
  3. News and Notes from mini camp.....
    By DIESELMAN in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 01:34 PM
  4. Mannings Come Together for Football Camp
    By Deb in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 01:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •