Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Haynes working toward return

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Haynes would still be valuable at this point if he gets healthy because he can play FB too.
    I agree he has value Top, especically in his blitz pickup. He is very good at picking up blitzes which is over looked all the time in a RBs skills. But he can't stay healthy.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I think of Haynes a lot like I think of Cedric Wilson. They both make like a couple big plays a season, but are kinda "non-noteworthy" all the rest of the time. I don't feel secure with them on the field like I do with say Hines or Troy...

Get haynes out of here, we dont need him, hes a bum.

Najeh is a very solid backup and barlow could be, i still think hes a bitch but i will wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
    I think of Haynes a lot like I think of Cedric Wilson. They both make like a couple big plays a season, but are kinda "non-noteworthy" all the rest of the time. I don't feel secure with them on the field like I do with say Hines or Troy...
    i feel the same way, only i really HATE wilson and hes breaking our bank much more than haynes would be

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hburg View Post
    Never been impressed by Haynes. I've rooted for him to do well, but he has never really produced. I love his attitude if he truly is so positive and working so hard, but I am waiting to see if it will all actually come to fruition.

BuFu

Same here, I never really thought he worked out like I thought he would.

I'm A "Champion"

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    This could very well be the last time we see Haynes. If and when he makes the roster, his injury record makes him more of a liability then an asset. We can't just keep players on who keep getting injured, no matter how much we hope they will finally turn it around. Barlow and Najeh need to step it up even if they are backups, they need to prove they belong in the NFL.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    Great idea....lets have no back-ups....none of these guys are worthy of bein' "the man" but they are all quality back-ups.
    Quality back-ups???

Verron Haynes-Mostly injured and is known for putting the ball on the ground.

Kevin Barlow-A head case/locker room problem who hasn't played a down for
    the Steelers and is a long shot to even make the team.

Najeh Davenport-*See Verron Haynes.

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    If we are to return to our winning ways we need a "closer" like the Bus was in 2005. I am not sure if any of these guys can do it, but if the game is well in hand we dont need Parker out there getting killed. I still think that Khun could be more of a grinder( dont think I spelled his name right) than any of the folks we got

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL View Post
    If we are to return to our winning ways we need a "closer" like the Bus was in 2005. I am not sure if any of these guys can do it, but if the game is well in hand we dont need Parker out there getting killed. I still think that Khun could be more of a grinder( dont think I spelled his name right) than any of the folks we got
    Problem with putting the ball in a fullbacks hands to play a ball control game and eat up the clock is that these guys can't consistently move the chains like Jerome could do.

Ever see that stat that they used to put up about Cowhers record going into the fourth quarter with a lead. Most of that success can be attributed to the Jerome "factor". He could grind out those tough yards and consistently move the chains in the fourth quarters. That is the part of our teams game that has changed......we don't have a back who can take over in the fourth to eat up the clock IMO. Putting the ball into Davenport or Barlow's hands for a "3 and out" isn't exactly what I would call "closing a game out"! We will have to wait and see what the Steeler's do in those situations this year. A lot of that power running between the tackles also depends on how the O-line is run blocking.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    I guess what I was getting at is "smaller" backs dont seem to grind as well

Thread Information