Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Alan Faneca

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Walter Jones was great before Hutchinson game into the NFL. Maybe you need a clue. Yes I dog his pass blocking along with the rest of the Steelers Oline. I have said for many years the Steelers Oline was great in run blocking but an average at pass protection. Even in 05 the Oline still gave up over 30 sacks.lol

I agree Alan Faneca is still a beast in run blocking but I stick to my opinion that he is average at best in pass protection. He has given up sacks Teemont, you act like he has never given up a sack. Your boy is a bitch plain and simple.
    I never said he didnt give up any sacks....and if I'm did I'm sure BBC will take his valuable time and find where I did. I just said he is good at pass blocking. Sadly the NFL doesnt keep a stat of which O-lineman gives up the sack, but I would be willing to bet Faneca has given up less than 10% of the Steelers sacks each year.

Yeah Walter Jones was good before Hutch got there, but when Hutch was there was when he was widely considered the best Lineman in the NFL. Last year his play dropped off though, and I (sadly) watch the Seahwaks play almost every week, seeing as where I live and all. Walter Jones was not as good last year as he has been in past years.

30 sacks isnt a lot of sacks....less than two a game...I'll take that. besides when your QB holds the ball for 6 seconds on pass plays, he is bound to get sacked......hell I would love to see most people here keep a 6 year old away from something they wanted for 6 seconds...let alone a 250-325 pound man away from a QB for that long.

He's a bitch in your eyes, but in my eyes he is how the game is supposed to be played....maybe he is being a bit of a dick with how he is takin what is happening to him, but I can understand his issues. I can't really relate to them.....seeing as I will never be a millionare, but I can see where he is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    I never said he didnt give up any sacks....and if I'm did I'm sure BBC will take his valuable time and find where I did. I just said he is good at pass blocking. Sadly the NFL doesnt keep a stat of which O-lineman gives up the sack, but I would be willing to bet Faneca has given up less than 10% of the Steelers sacks each year.

Yeah Walter Jones was good before Hutch got there, but when Hutch was there was when he was widely considered the best Lineman in the NFL. Last year his play dropped off though, and I (sadly) watch the Seahwaks play almost every week, seeing as where I live and all. Walter Jones was not as good last year as he has been in past years.

30 sacks isnt a lot of sacks....less than two a game...I'll take that. besides when your QB holds the ball for 6 seconds on pass plays, he is bound to get sacked......hell I would love to see most people here keep a 6 year old away from something they wanted for 6 seconds...let alone a 250-325 pound man away from a QB for that long.

He's a bitch in your eyes, but in my eyes he is how the game is supposed to be played....maybe he is being a bit of a dick with how he is takin what is happening to him, but I can understand his issues. I can't really relate to them.....seeing as I will never be a millionare, but I can see where he is coming from.
    I'll back you up on the statement that Walter Jones' play was not as good last year. In years past he never got beaten on a play. Last year, there was a few times where he did get beat. They were really infrequent and he's still the best in the league IMO. But it was a little sad to see him be outdone just a few times over the season.

Now as to the cause of that trend... Yeah, not having Hutch and having a really banged up line last season probably didn't help his performance. But I think most of us thought that last season might have been the one where old man time might have started to catch up with Walter. I sure hope not but its pretty likely. He's 33 and played an awful lot of downs in his time. That being said, I can't think of any other lineman I'd trade him for while our current window is open for another year or two. Walter Jones' worst days are career days for most other guys.
    Last edited by Hawk Believer; 05-17-2007 at 07:20 PM.

WOW,,,,,

152 posts on Faneca

Solomon & Schein on sirius said today Alan is the best Gaurd in football & deserves to get paid !!!!!!

We've beat this topic to death
    We'll see what happens in the upcoming months

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

He better play well his final year in Pittsburgh or his poor family will starve and have no security because no other team will pick him up. <sob sob sob>
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

[QUOTE=SteelerFan87;110471] ...Get your head out of your ***. Faneca is one of if not THE best lineman in Steelers history.....

He is one of the better lineman in STEELERS history , but by no means the best. There is a long list of dominant lineman in Steelers history...Kolb, Davis, Dawson, Webster, too name a few...
    who knows he may end up signing with us, if he really wants to be a STEELER. We made him the highest paid guard once, I don't see it happening a second time....

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information