Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: It's Official - Faneca wants out!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I've made my points about Alan ... Im quite frankly tired of talking about it at this point because it's frustrating . Im sure there will be more news in the future about him but for right now I've made my point of view on it so I'll just leave at that, and talk about all the other Steelers stuff...

I'll jump back in on this issue when we get more news of the situation in the future....

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelrane View Post
    It's time to break the cycle of letting GREAT Players leave because of low pay. We need to pay Faneca fair market price. He works so hard for the team it would be another great loss for us.

The facts are that we cannot afford to pay every player what their market value would be. No way that a good team (18 months removed from a superbowl) can keep ALL their good players. Every good team must prioritize which players that they can afford to pay market value for and which ones they can't. Yeah, I know that it's a ****** thing to do to players who have played their guts out for you but those are some of the tough business decisions that must be made. If you have paid attention to the Patriots over the last 6 or 7 years since they have become one of the elite franchises they have also parted ways with some really good players. Even Tom Brady has voiced his displeasure with some of the players that they have parted ways with. When you look at what our salary cap looks like we are not a cheap team. We are paying our players and paying some of them a lot. But you can only spread it out so far and then you have to make some tough choices. It's the nature of the beast!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I've made my points about Alan ... Im quite frankly tired of talking about it at this point because it's frustrating . Im sure there will be more news in the future about him but for right now I've made my point of view on it so I'll just leave at that, and talk about all the other Steelers stuff...

I'll jump back in on this issue when we get more news of the situation in the future....
    I agree Top,

I'm so tired of the Alan Faneca topic. No more negative vibes only positive ones. I just want to hold hands and sing we are the world.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I agree Top,

I'm so tired of the Alan Faneca topic. No more negative vibes only positive ones. I just want to hold hands and sing we are the world.
    LMAO!!! NO!! NO!! NO!! I agree, this whole Faneca thing has worn out a lot of people, we'll find out more in July.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    LMAO!!! NO!! NO!! NO!! I agree, this whole Faneca thing has worn out a lot of people, we'll find out more in July.
    lol Come on Diesel whats wrong with We Are The World?

Tailgate Coordinator
    There is 2 players that I believe we don't have to worry aout losing at the moment, Troy and Ben.

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information