Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - Faneca wants out!

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by 25MVPKing View Post
    I just saw Faneca on NFL Live on ESPN at 4pm and he was visibly pissed off. He basically said the way they treated Joey, what does that say to him and the rest of the team. He essentially said contract negotiations are dead in the water and he will play this season but not be a Steeler in '08.
    The link to go with my previous statements.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...burgh+steelers
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    trade his ***, if NE can get a first rounder for Branch, we can get one for the top guard..it would be funny if it was seattle to replace hutchinson lol
    lol @ top guard, that's bs, steeler fans overrate the **** out of faneca....... to be a top guard you should be a good pass blocker too, not just a good run blocker, faneca was great with us cause we ran 99% of the time and he shined there, but he was also big reason ben was on his *** all last year, he was a pro bowler last year just because of his name and his past...... faneca probably won't fit in a more balanced offense we intend to use which is probably why the rooney's don't want him back
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

House of Steel
    Darn, Koopa said it best. Good Job.

well hutchinson is a top guard and is primarily a run blocker, he might be overrated abut hes overrated by everyone and i want a first rounder damnit lol

My God, I have never seen so much pure idiocy in a thread.

1. K Train, come on man, what are you thinking? NOBODY is going to be dumb enough to give up a guy like Deuce or any good draft picks for a guard that's going to be a free agent after this year!

2. People saying "**** Faneca" or "he's easily replaceable", yeah, just like Justin Strylzyck was. Remember when he left? Hell, Faneca, his eventual replacement, was a rookie at the time, but he wasn't ready to step up and fill Justin's shoes. Our offensive line SUCKED in 98 and 99. That's why our offense sucked, and why our TEAM sucked. People blame Kordell for that, but it's not like he could do anything to overcome the huge hole in our O-line. People who want Faneca gone now must either think a couple horrible years are ok, or are just too stupid to realize that that's exactly what will happen if we don't have the NEXT Faneca ready the moment Faneca leaves.

3. People who downplay Faneca's worth, he's the FOUNDATION our O-line is built around. You don't seem to understand just how huge this is. The guy is THE BEST at his position, possibly the best O-lineman in the league. You don't just replace that with a 2nd round pick next year.

4. Why can't people understand this ISN'T about Tomlin?? Was Faneca pissed when Grimm and Whiz didn't get the job? Sure. Did he voice his disagreement? Yeah, because Faneca speaks his mind. That doesn't mean he hates Tomlin, or doesn't want to play for him. That's just idiotic. This is ALL about the contract. IMO, this is one of the stupidest things the Steelers have ever done. First they get rid of Porter, an immensely popular leader, and now they aren't even offering Faneca a contract? That's insane! I understand that they don't think they'll be able to sign him, but at least MAKE AN EFFORT! Make it look like you actually care, instead of taking your all pro guard who is the best at his position and another immensely popular leader on the team and just ignoring him. WTF are the Steelers doing? Faneca has a point. What the Steelers have done with Porter and Faneca sends a bad message to the players. And it is widely assumed that the Steelers are letting Faneca go so they can sign Troy, but what are they doing with that? Troy's negotiations have been going nowhere! WTF are the Steelers doing?
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Duece was a dream btw, and we definetly can get a good pick for him, that would save a team desperate for oline (AZ) the trouble of a bidding war with other desperate teams to get a guard who if he hits FA will command an amount of money thats out of this world

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    faneca was a big part in what we DID, we are gonna be a different offense, and faneca sucks unless he's bulldozing ppl in run blocking, that's why it's **** faneca.......and ppl having a differing opinion then yours doesn't make us idiots........

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    faneca was a big part in what we DID, we are gonna be a different offense, and faneca sucks unless he's bulldozing ppl in run blocking, that's why it's **** faneca.......and ppl having a differing opinion then yours doesn't make us idiots........
    But thinking an all pro guard can be replaced at the drop of a hat does.

So does thinking that Faneca sucks at pass blocking, or that any offensive scheme wouldn't love to have him.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i saw ben on his *** all year, and faneca was a part of that, **** faneca, he's being a bitch, he's gonna turn into a lockerroom cancer, so we need to get rid of his old ***, we have more important players to lock up, not an aging overrated out the *** guard........... and it's obvious he can be replaced by what colbert said about getting a good guard on day 2........ faneca is loved cause he wore black and gold, if he was drafted by the browns and was still the same player ppl would talk down on him.......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Faneca said he's talked to "everyone" in the front office, including Art Rooney, Dan Rooney and Kevin Colbert.

"I've been asking since February, to trade me, to let me go,'' Faneca said in such an emotional interview that at times his left hand was shaking slightly. "I've done my piece, I've done my time, I've done everything I can for this organization.

"I lived and breathed Steelers football for nine years and gave them everything I had, helped them win a Super Bowl. In my mind, I've earned the right to be treated fairly. To make me go out there this year, play football with no security ... for what I've done for this organization, in my mind is not right."
    Im obviously in the minority here, and that's cool but the dude has a point, regardless of the fact that the NFL is a business or not. You take care of your own in this league until they don't fit into your scheme anymore or you just don't think they are worth what players who are on the same level or worse than them are getting more money.

I'd be pissed off if I was him as well. Just because he bitched now and then during his career doesn't mean he wasn't happy here. Hell Grey Lloyd bitched all the time, so did countless other players on this team over the years. People gripe about contracts or situations all the time. I feel bad for the guy, it's got to be a kick in the gut to him.

Thread Information