Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilkpedia summary on Kevan Barlow

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Wilkpedia summary on Kevan Barlow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevan_Barlow

His NFL career has been nothing short of mediocre. This guy has "Duce" written all over him. My thoughts are that if he can impress coach Tomlin than he deserves another shot. I don't think that Tomlin gives him any hometown bias when it comes time to release underachievers. So if he makes the team it will be on his own merit (he'll have to earn his spot).

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    he doesn't have duce written all over him at all, duce was brought in to produce and be our starter for several years, hell if everything worked out, he'd still be our starter............. barlow is simply being brought here on a one year deal to add depth, that's all, nothing more, so he does not have duce written all over him
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Reppin' 724
    I like the Barlow idea...he is a pretty decent runner, and he runs the way we need him too....hard. He is gonna push dookie for some playing, no doubt.

From what I read it sounds like he will do well for the Steelers if the O-line has its act in shape this year. I can understand Barlow struggling behind the non-existent line of the 49ers.

Give him a chance this season. It will allow depth at the RB position (which is necessary for the type of offense the Steelers run: HARD/TOUGH), and if his style is more along the lines of a "Bettis" than a "Parker" it will be beneficial for 3rd down/goal line/grind the rock opportunities.

Davenport hasn't impressed me with his running ability. For his size, he runs lightly and lacking in power. He is not enough of either end of the RB spectrum (Speed:Power) to make a deep impact on the ground game. He was okay last season as a kick returner, but that was only after the disaster in special team performance occurred last year (Reid hurt/Coclough becoming a scared chicken/Holmes fumbling). With Reid/Holmes working more strongly as a return tandem, Davenport becomes a superfluous player just there to add depth.

Willie is great for speed no doubt. If the O-line actually gives him some holes this season, he will explode onto the scene. But he lacks the power to grind the ball out in 3rd down/goal line opportunities (remember the multiple fumbles he had on the goal line last year?). Can he run every down? Yes, he proved that last year as he carried the weight of the Steelers' running game on his shoulders. Should he continue to run every down? No, doing so with wear down his energy in games, and his body over time. Doing so will not allow him to maintain his strength: speed. If Willie is relieved of the pressure to gain short yardage on those 3rd down/goal line situations he will be more able to produce with his great speed. He is a great weapon in that he can appear stuffed play after play, but then surprises everyone by getting through a small hole or around the corner faster than anyone can react to....and then he is gone. If he can focus more on doing such, and the O-line actually works this season and allows him to do such, he'll gain close to 2,000 yards.

BuFu

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    he doesn't have duce written all over him at all, duce was brought in to produce and be our starter for several years, hell if everything worked out, he'd still be our starter............. barlow is simply being brought here on a one year deal to add depth, that's all, nothing more, so he does not have duce written all over him
    You gotta be able to read between the lines some. I realize that they will have different roles on the team (if he even makes the 53 man roster). When I said he has "Duce" wriitten all over him it was from the perspective that he has been an under achiever his whole career. He has been given the opportunities to shine and has not seized them to this point. Just like the article says, sure the 49er's O-line sucked but look at what Gore has done with the same line. Like I said earlier, there will be no hometown bias so he will have to earn his spot.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

I have seen nothing on this, did the Steelers sign Barlow?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    You gotta be able to read between the lines some. I realize that they will have different roles on the team (if he even makes the 53 man roster). When I said he has "Duce" wriitten all over him it was from the perspective that he has been an under achiever his whole career. He has been given the opportunities to shine and has not seized them to this point. Just like the article says, sure the 49er's O-line sucked but look at what Gore has done with the same line. Like I said earlier, there will be no hometown bias so he will have to earn his spot.
    duce wasn't an underachiever, just injury prone, when he was healthy he was badass, but he just couldn't stay healthy and after his last injury he could just never recover cause his age caught up with him too

he'll make the roster based on there is no one else, he's here for depth and that's it, i doubt any of the undrafted rookies we signed make the team......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Duce got that 14 million dollar deal because we expected him to spell Jerome and eventually be his replacement. He was always injury prone but it just went overboard when he got here.

Barlow needs to keep his *** healthy and earn his roster spot. He's got his shot to make the team, now it's up to him.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    he's made the team already just on the fact that he has nfl experince, he doesn't have to do nothing special, cause the dude from baylor is a bum, kuhn is a bum, and russell is a retard

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Here we go again with the Kuhn talk Im telling ya from before, watch out for him, he's poised to make an impact.

Thread Information