Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers to sign Barlow tommorrow.

Bookmark and Share
    quit being so hard on russel lol, not everyone is college material and great athletes go to college to play sports, not hit the books....i doubt hes stupid cause he failed a few college courses lol....athletes dont have to be book smart lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    quit being so hard on russel lol, not everyone is college material and great athletes go to college to play sports, not hit the books....i doubt hes stupid cause he failed a few college courses lol....athletes dont have to be book smart lol
    Who is being hard on Gary Russell? No kidding athletes don't have to be book smart but still he is a undrafted FA that hasn't played since 2005.lol So counting on him to make the team is foolish.

Now if Russell can regain his form and at least show that he can understand an NFL playbook then we might have something. But he is a long shot as of right now.

At onetime Russell was a badass. Its to bad that he missed all of 2006. If not he would have been drafted in the first three rounds. So I do hope he regains his form.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    His best bet right now is probably to try and make the PS for us and get some experience in camp and practice this year and then try to make the team in the future.

I'd be all for him showing up and kicking *** but at this point he's a long shot, but still it's a shot nonetheless !

My Mood
    Horny
    not to excited about this but we do need debth and we are only singing him for a year so i guess it is a good pick up!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Nothing on this yet? Perhaps he didn't pass his team physical ?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    here's this from the post gazette
    Barlow gets second visit

Thursday, May 10, 2007
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Free-agent running back Kevan Barlow will have a second visit today with the Steelers, who hope to sign him to a contract. If Barlow accepts their offer, he'll attend minicamp, which starts tomorrow at the Steelers' South Side complex.

Barlow, who played for Peabody High School and Pitt, has played with the San Francisco 49ers and New York Jets in six NFL seasons
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Hell if they want to go out on a limb to sign someone for depth, my calendar is free for the next however long, they want me in the black n gold, I would be a big bruiser back, but slower than a little old lady with her walker.

However I think Barlow will be a good pickup, and I think he will return to form and show people that he is not through in the NFL

Wednesday, May 9
    Former Jets and 49ers running back Kevan Barlow has reached agreement with the Pittsburgh Steelers on a one-year contract. Barlow is scheduled to fly to Pittsburgh tomorrow morning and take part in team's minicamp this weekend
    Last edited by okiesteeler; 05-10-2007 at 02:10 AM. Reason: added quote from Adam Schefter on NFL.com

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Another source...

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news...d=478568&rfi=6

By: Chris Harlan
    05/10/2007
    The Steelers and running back Kevan Barlow reached an agreement on a one-year contract that would bring the former Pitt standout back to Pittsburgh, according to an NFL Network report.

Adam Schefter, an analyst for the network, reported on the NFL Web site that the unrestricted free agent was to fly to Pittsburgh this morning to take part in this weekend's team minicamp. Barlow, who played last season for the New York Jets, would join running backs Willie Parker and Najah Davenport on the Steelers' roster.

The 6-foot-1, 234-pound Barlow has rushed for 3,984 yards and 30 touchdowns in six NFL seasons. The first five seasons were with the San Francisco 49ers.

Barlow, a graduate of Peabody High School in Pittsburgh, was in town earlier this week to meet with team officials.

- Chris Harlan

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Who is being hard on Gary Russell? No kidding athletes don't have to be book smart but still he is a undrafted FA that hasn't played since 2005.lol So counting on him to make the team is foolish.

Now if Russell can regain his form and at least show that he can understand an NFL playbook then we might have something. But he is a long shot as of right now.

At onetime Russell was a badass. Its to bad that he missed all of 2006. If not he would have been drafted in the first three rounds. So I do hope he regains his form.
    Yeah, let's hope he doesn't end up being Maurice Clarrett.

If had to choose which I'd rather have... all things being equal, i.e. if both would average the same yards per rush and stay healthy, I'd prefer Russell over Barlow since he's younger and we could keep him longer.
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Some of the best teams in the NFL have really smart players. The Colts and Patriots are a few that stick out. Noll's Steelers of the 70's had really, really smart players. So, I don't think we need this kid.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Thread Information