Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers to sign Barlow tommorrow.

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

Steelers to sign Barlow tommorrow.

A PITTSBURGH HOMECOMING

Pittsburgh failed to draft a running back last month. But it's on the verge of signing a veteran one to bolster its roster.
    By Wednesday, the Steelers are expected to sign former Jets and 49ers running back Kevan Barlow to a one-year contract. Barlow is scheduled to fly to Pittsburgh on Thursday morning to be in attendance for Friday's mandatory minicamp.
    Kevan Barlow wants to revive his career and the Steelers might be the perfect fit. The 6-foot-1, 235-pound Barlow could be the big back that the Steelers lacked last season without Jerome Bettis. Pittsburgh will give Barlow a chance to win playing time and carries behind Willie Parker.
    And Barlow will be doing it in the environment he knows. Barlow grew up in Pittsburgh, attended college there and idolized former Steelers running back Franco Harris. Now Barlow has all conditions working in his favor -- a team in need of another back, in a place he wants to be.
    Maybe this can help revert Barlow into the back he was in 2003, when he gained 1,024 yards for the 49ers.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can't imagine he'll come at a big price, and since it's only a 1 yr deal if he flops we just let him go but if he works out and we find that he's got a few good years left in him then we got him at a cheap price now and the chance to resign him before he hits the market again. There's no guarantee he'll make the roster just yet but it looks like he's got his chance to prove himself.

well the jets isnt/wasnt the place to revive your career...no one respects the little talent Pennington has lol.

im not thrilled about the signing, but i got my linebacker and punter....who am i to bitch? lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    Should be interesting to see how this goes. I hope he can provide some help for the running game.

Reppin' 724
    I have always liked Barlow....this is a pretty good signing IMO. He has a lot of talent, and I don't think he can make us any worse.

House of Steel
    It would be something to see Barlow help us in a big way. I would be very highly pleased. I am going to give him a chance to prove himself to us.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    The Jets signed him and they thought they hit paydirt, I'll wait and see if he gets his head out of his *** and quits making the injury report.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    bah, he's being brought in just for depth, not to make an impact, so who cares if he produces or not........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    I have always liked Barlow....this is a pretty good signing IMO. He has a lot of talent, and I don't think he can make us any worse.
    That's the main thing about this signing; at this point it neither helps us nor hurts us really. It's up to Kevin to produce and sway the pendelum in the favor of producing and making an impact for us. The potential is there but the injuries have curtailed his production so we'll see what he can do.

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    bah, he's being brought in just for depth, not to make an impact, so who cares if he produces or not........

This is more than likely right.............but I hope he is the next coming of Barry Foster..................one can only hope

Thread Information