Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anticipating,,,,,,,,

Bookmark and Share

Anticipating,,,,,,,,

What's everyone's biggest antisipation of our season opener

For me it's the offense,seeing what kind of new system tomlin's got in mind !
    Wether we like it or not,the days of poundng the ball are probably history !
    We just gotta hope for two thing's to happen for us to have a productive year
    Big Ben cutting down on his INT's and Willie P. holding onto the ball and the rest should follow suit
    Got faith in our O-Line playing alot better this year and I really believe we sured up our pass rush,,,,,,, Hard hitting painful "Blitzburgh Nation is back"

My prediction for year is 11-5 or 12-4,,,,,,winning our division of course !

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    Want to see how the D does with the loss of Porter...Also cant wait to see this new punter

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BLITZBURGH NATION View Post

For me it's the offense,seeing what kind of new system tomlin's got in mind !
    Wether we like it or not,the days of poundng the ball are probably history !
    We just gotta hope for two thing's to happen for us to have a productive year
    Big Ben cutting down on his INT's and Willie P. holding onto the ball and the rest should follow suit
    Got faith in our O-Line playing alot better this year and I really believe we sured up our pass rush,,,,,,, Hard hitting painful "Blitzburgh Nation is back"

For me its Big Ben. I want to see how he rebounds from a mentally and physically rough season and if he can prove he is a top five QB in the NFL. I think he can be one of the best...I really do. I'm not worried about the INT's. Just look after his first three starts and he finished the year with 18 TD's and 16 INT's. Not great but he was still plus two in the TD/INT ratio.

Great point on the Oline. They're really the key to the season in my mind. About Willie and his fumbling. Even the Bus had a year when he fumbled 7 times with the Steelers. It was either 96 or 97. So with the more experience Willie gets the better he will be at holding onto the pigskin.

Well said Black@Gold Forever !

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by BLITZBURGH NATION View Post

I am close on your prediction except I feel that we will be 10-6 or 11-5 and compete for the division title with the Ratbirds.

Also agree that the key piece to the whole puzzle is how Ben bounces back from last years debacle. Can he return to the QB who led us through the playoffs last year through the toughest teams in the conference? Or is he permanently damaged goods from his near death experience last year? The answer to that question will undoubtedly decide our fate!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I am close on your prediction except I feel that we will be 10-6 or 11-5 and compete for the division title with the Ratbirds.

Also agree that the key piece to the whole puzzle is how Ben bounces back from last years debacle. Can he return to the QB who led us through the playoffs last year through the toughest teams in the conference? Or is he permanently damaged goods from his near death experience last year? The answer to that question will undoubtedly decide our fate!
    Yep

QB play will no doubt determine how far we get
    Eliminate the majority of last year turn-over's andwe'll be fine
    I've often wondered how far we would've got last year if we could've hung onto the dam ball
    I can take losing much better then beating ourselves

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I want to see the pass rush get the QB and pressure him into mistakes, premature throws, and of course sacks.

Also I want to see the OL protect Ben and keep the pressure off him. If they do that then Ben will be able to relax in the pocket and not have happy feet.

Obviously after last year everything is up for improvement but those are 2 areas Im interested in besides seeing how Ben reacts to his first game situation since last year; the OL doing it's job will go a LONG way towards Ben getting back to his old self.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I want to see the pass rush get the QB and pressure him into mistakes, premature throws, and of course sacks.

Also I want to see the OL protect Ben and keep the pressure off him. If they do that then Ben will be able to relax in the pocket and not have happy feet.

Obviously after last year everything is up for improvement but those are 2 areas Im interested in besides seeing how Ben reacts to his first game situation since last year; the OL doing it's job will go a LONG way towards Ben getting back to his old self.
    Nice thoughts Top and I'm with you, I want to see this defense back to being nasty and pounding the QB. I guess you really can't pound the QB anymore though with the over protection of the QB. But yes putting heat on him and forcing those INT's would be sweet.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah it's a sad thing when defenders have to literally pull up on their way to the QB so they don't get flagged. If that was the case back in the day our steel curtain wouldn't have been able to do anything

There's just nothing better than seeing the defense in the backfield play after play and then seeing the QB just disgusted when he gets sacked or has to throw it away because he's running for his life

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Yeah it's a sad thing when defenders have to literally pull up on their way to the QB so they don't get flagged. If that was the case back in the day our steel curtain wouldn't have been able to do anything

There's just nothing better than seeing the defense in the backfield play after play and then seeing the QB just disgusted when he gets sacked or has to throw it away because he's running for his life

I hear you man I love seeing the other teams QB running for his life. With these young doggs in Timmons and Woodley hopefully they can learn the defense quick and help the pass rush. But I have a feeling James Harrison is going to blow up this year. I wouldn't be suprised if he nets 10 sacks this year.

Thread Information