Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rosenhaus promises Timmons won't hold out

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i knew there wouldn't be a problem, and i know it won't be, because like he said, it's been awhile for his actual rookie clients to actually hold out, just cause his big name guys hold out, he gets this bad image that every client holds out.......... he's the best agent in the bizz and cares about his clients and their money so i never have not liked him, cause he's only doing his job, which is to get whatever he can for his clients cause in football, nothing is guaranteed, one injury and you're cut never to be heard from again, so drew just looking out for his clients, which pisses off fans, but we don't matter to him lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i knew there wouldn't be a problem, and i know it won't be, because like he said, it's been awhile for his actual rookie clients to actually hold out, just cause his big name guys hold out, he gets this bad image that every client holds out.......... he's the best agent in the bizz and cares about his clients and their money so i never have not liked him, cause he's only doing his job, which is to get whatever he can for his clients cause in football, nothing is guaranteed, one injury and you're cut never to be heard from again, so drew just looking out for his clients, which pisses off fans, but we don't matter to him lol
    Dude you have to look at from my perspective. Since I live close to Chicago I hear all the B.S. going on between Briggs and the Bears on a dailey basis. My damn friends that are Bears fans bitch about Briggs/Rosenhaus 24/7. So hearing that will give you doubts about Rosenhaus also and along with his rep. Plus when you look at the Rooney's old school ways they wouldn't go hand to hand with the way Rosenhaus conducts business.

Now everything sounds good between Drew and the Steelers so that has to be a plus in my mind. We won't hear any next question out of Drew.

As for him being the best agent in the business. Hell yes he is and I never said otherwise. I have no worries anymore about a lengthy hold out from Timmons. So I can't wait until he is signed and kicking *** on the field.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Also, don't forget that rookie contracts pretty much follow a formula. Picks outside the top 10 tend to follow a specific formula each year, so both sides basically know what the contract will be for.

I'm A "Champion"

I was thinking about this since the day after we drafted him. I was reading the article in the Post-Gazette about Timmons, and then I looked down and saw a picture of Timmons and his family celebrating when he was drafted by the Steelers, and there right next to him was Drew Rosenhaus. While I agree there probably won't be a problem getting that rookie contract, it's potential problems down the line that I'm worried about. Hopefully Drew knows the Rooneys won't put up with that kind of ****.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Dude you have to look at from my perspective. Since I live close to Chicago I hear all the B.S. going on between Briggs and the Bears on a dailey basis. My damn friends that are Bears fans bitch about Briggs/Rosenhaus 24/7. So hearing that will give you doubts about Rosenhaus also and along with his rep. Plus when you look at the Rooney's old school ways they wouldn't go hand to hand with the way Rosenhaus conducts business.

Now everything sounds good between Drew and the Steelers so that has to be a plus in my mind. We won't hear any next question out of Drew.

As for him being the best agent in the business. Hell yes he is and I never said otherwise. I have no worries anymore about a lengthy hold out from Timmons. So I can't wait until he is signed and kicking *** on the field.
    i live in texas with nothing but cowboy fans, i heard all the same **** about him when t.o. hired him, and it didn't worry me once.........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information