Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite non-championship team?

Bookmark and Share

Favorite non-championship team?

Just wondering, but what is ya'lls favorite (or best) Steeler team never to win a Championship? Since I was born after the 80's I have to say my favorite is the 2004. Although I think the best teams are:

1. The 76 Steelers: I think this team had the nastiest defense EVER. Had it not been for some fluke injuries in the playoffs this team would have destroyed Minnesota in the Super Bowl, again.

2. 1995 Steelers: Poor Bill Cowher. He put together one hell of a game plan against the Cowboys. Super Bowl XXX would have been won by the Steelers if not for.......Well you get the picture. This team was loaded on both sides of the ball. Especially on defense. I mean they had Kevin Greene, Levon Kirkland, Greg "Avoid" Lloyd and the best secondary Cowher ever assembled.

3. 1994 Steelers: Same as above. This team was just awesome. Just 3 more yards.............could have sparked another dynasty.

4. Any of the 70's teams: Those teams were so good they could have won 5 or 6 Super Bowls in a row, maybe more. They had everything. I dare you to try and come up with a better dynasty or more dominate team to match up them up with because they already disposed of the 70's Cryboys.

That is just my opinion. Now I want to see yours.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

2004 Steelers.....

Thanks to BB2W for the sig

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    This is easy for me. The 1994 Pittsburgh Steelers. The 94 Blitzburgh defense is the best defense that I have ever seen. I wasn't alive for the Steel Curtain days.

That defense was just awesome. You had Ray Seals, Joel Steed and Brentson Buckner on the Dline. The LB's were Greg Lloyd, Chad Brown, LeVon Kirkland and Kevin Greene. In the secondary there was Rod Woodson, Darren Perry, Carnell Lake and Deon Figures.

This team should have went to the Super Bowl to face the 49ers that year.

04....15-1 with a rookie QB...absolutely amazing

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    This is easy for me. The 1994 Pittsburgh Steelers. The 94 Blitzburgh defense is the best defense that I have ever seen. I wasn't alive for the Steel Curtain days.

That defense was just awesome. You had Ray Seals, Joel Steed and Brentson Buckner on the Dline. The LB's were Greg Lloyd, Chad Brown, LeVon Kirkland and Kevin Greene. In the secondary there was Rod Woodson, Darren Perry, Carnell Lake and Deon Figures.

This team should have went to the Super Bowl to face the 49ers that year.
    Damn that team was awesome weren't they !! Ray Seals and the 60 minute men !

I'd have to give props to the 2004 Steelers as well, I mean 15-1 that is just outstanding !

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

I would have to say the '76 Steelers, had it not been for the huge amount of injuries, they would have won that Superbowl. The 1976 Steelers struggled to a 1-4 start before reeling off nine straight victories including five shutouts to win the division with a 10-4 mark. They defeated Baltimore 40-14 in the playoffs, but lost to Oakland, 24-7, after both starting running backs, Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier, were injured.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Damn that team was awesome weren't they !! Ray Seals and the 60 minute men !

I'd have to give props to the 2004 Steelers as well, I mean 15-1 that is just outstanding !
    The 15-1 team is a close 2nd trust me. But I loved that 94 team...Especially the Blitzburgh defense.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im not sure we'll ever see a better LB corps in Pittsburgh than those guys. Not since the Steel Curtain has a group of 4 LB's put so much fear into the opposition.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Im not sure we'll ever see a better LB corps in Pittsburgh than those guys. Not since the Steel Curtain has a group of 4 LB's put so much fear into the opposition.
    I agree we will never see another 3-4 LB core like that again. As for the Steel Curtain you can't compare any players to them. They were just legends of the game and leave it at that.

2004 for me...

Thread Information