Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bungal fans try to buy Cowhers leftovers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Bungal fans try to buy Cowhers leftovers

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07125/783496-66.stm

By Kevin Kirkland, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Bill Cowher's Steelers ice bucket wasn't shattered on Cincinnati television -- not yet anyway -- but it did rack up $550 in a household auction last weekend at Dargate Auction Galleries.

All 134 lots sold during the auction, which drew about 30 percent more bidders, both in person and online, than a typical household auction, said David Arnold, Dargate's consignment manager. But the bids generally weren't any higher than if they had been for your sofa, dining room set or king-sized bed with upholstered headboard and footboard ($130).

The 8 1/2-inch-high crystal ice bucket etched with the Steelers logo drew lots of interest, including that of some Bengals fans who wanted to buy it, then break it live on TV.

Those poor sports apparently lost out to an eBay bidder from Louisiana, who paid several times the $100 to $200 pre-sale estimate. The Bengals fans consoled themselves by buying some furniture instead, Mr. Arnold said. No word on whether they'll break it on TV.

The other Steelers item, a desk clock, went for $120, while the 8-foot Olhausen Remington pool table went for $1,500 to a local woman who planned to give it to her husband as a birthday gift, Mr. Arnold said.

That price was at the low end of the pre-sale estimate, as were the prices for the dining room set, which was collectively expected to bring the highest amount. A Henredon china cabinet brought in $1,600, a Regency-style table $800, four Chippendale chairs $700 and a server $475.

The biggest difference between the Cowhers' auction and others?

"More the media frenzy than anything," said Mr. Arnold, who was interviewed by a Sports Illustrated writer this week.

A small article in the current issue includes a photo of a ceramic monkey planter ($275) and teases the Steelers' former head coach for having an "eye for patio furniture." Several patio sets collectively brought in about $1,000 -- almost enough for two ice buckets, assuming they belonged to a Steeler.
    I'm glad those dumbasses in Sissinatti didn't get ahold of that crystal ice bucket, but now they go and buy furniture too? God knows what kind of sick, sadistic, perverted kitty ritual they might try and deface BC's furniture with on national TV.

Don't they realize that if they do that kind of ****, it will just fire up our team to destroy them? We will shove their Who Dey chant down their throats.

My Mood
    Angry
    Bill should auction off some of those famous shirts and sweaters he'd wear that had those loud color schemes and ugly patterns on them.
    Those rags would probably fetch a lot of cash.

IT's kindof funny the lenghts Cincy fans will go to. Actually it's kindof pathetic, but oh well!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG7 View Post
    IT's kindof funny the lenghts Cincy fans will go to. Actually it's kindof pathetic, but oh well!
    That's exactly what I was thinking...what is this really, some kind of lame attempt at revenge from Cowher leading the Who Dey chant at our Super Bowl parade or something ?

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking...what is this really, some kind of lame attempt at revenge from Cowher leading the Who Dey chant at our Super Bowl parade or something ?
    Don't think that is so far off TG. You can't believe how many times that is brought up to me...just happened last week! (I wonder if that may have had something to do with the big WE DEY on the back of my t-shirt???)

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07125/783496-66.stm

I'm glad those dumbasses in Sissinatti didn't get ahold of that crystal ice bucket, but now they go and buy furniture too? God knows what kind of sick, sadistic, perverted kitty ritual they might try and deface BC's furniture with on national TV.
    I'm with you on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    Bill should auction off some of those famous shirts and sweaters he'd wear that had those loud color schemes and ugly patterns on them.
    Those rags would probably fetch a lot of cash.

YES! The famous Cowher sweaters! I think he and Ron Cook must shop at the same place.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    So the plan was buy some of Bill's stuff then break it..........dont see how this hurts anyone

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL View Post
    So the plan was buy some of Bill's stuff then break it..........dont see how this hurts anyone
    They want to "disrespect" him the same way they feel he disrespected them with their chant. You can't imagine how bent some people are around here over that.

Thread Information