Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spaeth

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    He was a very good player at Minn. I live in Big 10 country so I do see alot of Big 10 players. Plus I bet on college football all the time and that gives me extra reasons to watch as much college football as I can.lol So I knew who Spaeth was and from what I saw he was solid all around TE.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is all assuming that we actually follow through and finally use the TE the way it was meant to be used in today's offenses. We'll see how much of Cowher, Arians still has in him and if he follows through with using the TE more. Ben has more than enough targets right now on offense to be an effective QB, so once the OL works itself out in training camp we should be able to get a better idea of what type of O we'll be looking at this year.

Im hoping that all this time Arians has had these types of plays and offenses ready to go but just wasn't able to use them till now so we'll finally get to see how we do firing on all cylinders and actually using every weapon we have.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    This is all assuming that we actually follow through and finally use the TE the way it was meant to be used in today's offenses. We'll see how much of Cowher, Arians still has in him and if he follows through with using the TE more. Ben has more than enough targets right now on offense to be an effective QB, so once the OL works itself out in training camp we should be able to get a better idea of what type of O we'll be looking at this year.

Im hoping that all this time Arians has had these types of plays and offenses ready to go but just wasn't able to use them till now so we'll finally get to see how we do firing on all cylinders and actually using every weapon we have.
    I don't think we're going to keep 3 TEs on the roster not to use them. I'm just hoping Heath Miller has a bigger role in the passing game. As for Spaeth, he can be the extra OT now and have a limited role in the passing game. Not saying he can't be a weapon. But with Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller probably being the first three options in the passing game. Plus Nate Washington and Cedric Wilson will get theirs as well. That will leave Spaeth not having many chances. Where I see Spaeth being effective is on 3rd and shorts...in the red zone as well.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I don't think we're going to keep 3 TEs on the roster not to use them. I'm just hoping Heath Miller has a bigger role in the passing game. As for Spaeth, he can be the extra OT now and have a limited role in the passing game. Not saying he can't be a weapon. But with Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller probably being the first three options in the passing game. Plus Nate Washington and Cedric Wilson will get theirs as well. That will leave Spaeth not having many chances. Where I see Spaeth being effective is on 3rd and shorts...in the red zone as well.
    That would be the ideal scenario IMO Using Spaeth as almost a Tackle eligible type of play near the goal line would be a cool idea as well because most will be expecting him to remain a blocker so he could easily slip into the flat or in the back corner of the endzone undetected with most of the defenders flowing to Heath's side.

My Mood
    Mad
    That would be the ideal scenario IMO Using Spaeth as almost a Tackle eligible type of play near the goal line would be a cool idea as well because most will be expecting him to remain a blocker so he could easily slip into the flat or in the back corner of the endzone undetected with most of the defenders flowing to Heath's side.
    Yep....I like on 3rd and shorts as well throwing two TEs out there. Keep defenses guessing will we run or pass. With Spaeths size he could be a 3rd down converting machine on 3rd and short.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    With his size he could take out 2 defenders and just let Willie run right behind him

My Mood
    Mad
    With his size he could take out 2 defenders and just let Willie run right behind him
    Dude that would be awesome. Hey Willie is going to 2,000 yards this year mark it down.

willie doesnt need alot of blocks to go all the way....

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    if arians picked anything up from cowher we might as well just not play the season cause we'll suck ***, cause unless you win it all, the season is a failure, well not this year cause it's a new coach, but cowher was a huge failure, winning it once in all these years, he's a complete failure of a coach he was easily out coached by the shittiest of coaches, so i hope arians forgets everything cowher might have taught him and just be himself
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    if arians picked anything up from cowher we might as well just not play the season cause we'll suck ***, cause unless you win it all, the season is a failure, well not this year cause it's a new coach, but cowher was a huge failure, winning it once in all these years, he's a complete failure of a coach he was easily out coached by the shittiest of coaches, so i hope arians forgets everything cowher might have taught him and just be himself
    Ok I agree that Bill Cowher's overall record in AFC title games isn't impressive. His 2-4 recoerd in AFC title games speaks for itself. His 1-1 Super Bowl record isn't terrible but he should have went to more Super Bowls with some of the teams he did coach though.

But Bill Cowher wasn't a complete failure as a HC. Come on Koopa, thats taken it alittle to far.

I think he was a better HC his first part of his Steelers career. You became a Steelers fan later in his Cowher's career. So you probably don't rememeber Cowher's early years. But the Steelers made the play-offs his first six years. Plus three AFC title games and 1 Super Bowl appearance.

Now I'm totally glad he is gone. I think it was time for a change. But overall I liked Coach Cowher and I don't think he was a complete failure as a HC. But you're right he did get out coached at times in big games. But some of the blame should be put on the players as well. It wasn't Cowhers fault for Neil O'Donnell throwing away Super Bowl XXX.

Thread Information