Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spaeth

Bookmark and Share

Spaeth

Last time I was on SA was during the draft. Everyone,including myself was pretty pissed about drafting Spaeth. After having a week to mull it over I'm not quite as pissed as I was when it first happened. There were a couple of good points made about him opening things up for Miller. I'm wondering what everyone else thinks about it a week later.

Sig by BR7

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i pretty much changed my opinion about it after a day, i read all the interviews and stuff, and it seems like we might have a steal here, arians says he likes 3 tight end sets, and the dude is 6'7, so there's that big redzone target ben needs, and this will give heath the chance to spread out more to get him the ball and spread the field out, so after my knee jerk reaction, i've come to like the pick and can't wait to see our new offense next year, should be exciting, tomlin is finally doing the right thing and getting weapons for ben.......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

lol i was full of rage for about 3 minutes, then i read about him and thought about it....turned out i was ok and i cooled down and i think i helped a few members cool down too....i like the direction were going in and the dude is huge and a dominate blocker

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol i was full of rage for about 3 minutes, then i read about him and thought about it....turned out i was ok and i cooled down and i think i helped a few members cool down too....i like the direction were going in and the dude is huge and a dominate blocker
    lol, you're lucky you had a computer to read up on him, i was depressed for awhile cause i was at my friends and didn't know squat about this guy.........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I think for the most part everybody has dealt with and come to terms with it. When he first got drafted, cuz everyone had their hearts set on a RB or whoever, we were all sayin WTF. Now looking back, I'm glad we drafted him, he will fit into our plans for offense pretty good.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

yeah then we got sep in the next round and mission was accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i pretty much changed my opinion about it after a day, i read all the interviews and stuff, and it seems like we might have a steal here, arians says he likes 3 tight end sets, and the dude is 6'7, so there's that big redzone target ben needs, and this will give heath the chance to spread out more to get him the ball and spread the field out, so after my knee jerk reaction, i've come to like the pick and can't wait to see our new offense next year, should be exciting, tomlin is finally doing the right thing and getting weapons for ben.......
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm hoping that with more redzone targets Ben will make better redzone decisions. There was nothing more frustrating last year then driving all the way down the field and throwing a INT in the endzone! I think Tomlin is on the right track with the offense. Here's to seeing how it plays out.

Sig by BR7

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by RckyMtnStlrFan View Post
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm hoping that with more redzone targets Ben will make better redzone decisions. There was nothing more frustrating last year then driving all the way down the field and throwing a INT in the endzone! I think Tomlin is on the right track with the offense. Here's to seeing how it plays out.
    Not trying to make excuses for Ben, but with everything he went through last year...his head wasn't right, not an excuse, just part of the problem. Now that his head is hopefully good to go, a simpler playbook and bigger redzone targets, Ben should be more then ready to prove last year was a fluke. Like you said here's to seeing how it plays out.....

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    These were my exact words when the pick was made. What The **** We Don't Even Use ****ing Heath Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then reading how Bruce Arians likes to use alot of multi TEs and that he will keep 3 TEs calmed me down. Plus reading how Spaeth could be used for blocking and that could free up Heath Miller in the passing instead of using Miller as an extra OT like he was last year. With all of that it changed my mind with the pick.

On third and short this year and with two TEs out there like Spaeth/Miller. We can keep teams guessing if we're going to run or pass on third and short. If we pass on those type of downs with Spaeths size I could see him as a 3rd converting machine.lol

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I think MOST of us tend to go on past history, and to forget that we have someone new at the helm, who won't be doin things the way Bill did.

Initially, I was like everyone else--What the heck??? But then I got to readin up on him, and liked what I read.

I have a couple pics that show when he has the ball, he HAS the ball. Look how he holds it--no holdin it like a loaf of bread even when he runs! So I can't foresee him droppin it too often, or even gettin it knocked loose very often...and you'll notice (if you look closely) there are THREE opponents on him in that first pic.

Last edited by SteelersWoman; 05-05-2007 at 09:26 AM.

Thread Information