Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lack of speed triggered Baker's draft day fall

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Colbert mentioned on draft day that any WR would have a hard time cracking the group we have so it's not going to be easy..but something tells me they didn't expect Baker to last as long as he did, this kid could really be something special and definitely will give Walter Young a run for his money and might even surprise our other guys too at what he can do. His speed would definitely be an asset on special teams so if nothing else he can play there and then work into some playing time on the spread offense packages.

I hope he kicks some *** for us !

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    lol @ giving walter young a run for his money, walter young is a bum, he's been around for all these years and can't even do a thing, i could give walter young a run for his money .......baker will easily beat him out if that's his competition..........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i know dallas ain't lost, but on this team it's hard, those two guys are products of pass happy teams, that's why if the steelers had gotten those two, they'd be in nfl europe or searching for themselves since they just failed in reaching their dream of playing in the nfl........

i hope dallas can make it, cause i hate having a midget wr core sometimes.........

and yeah, i ****ing hate when ppl bring up the 40 times, that's why i loved it when keyshawn kept talking **** to mel everytime he brought it up, it's the most overrated thing to base a player off of, no player runs without pads and in a straight line with no one attempting to hit them in an actual game.........
    I don't know I think Colston is a very good WR. True having Drew Brees and playing in that offense jacks up his stats. But to say he is a product of the system isn't fair. For all we know Colston, could have had success if he had been drafted by another team.

Yes 40 times are over-rated since the players run in their underwear at the combine. Its all about football speed.

lol walter young is lee mays retarded little brother

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    and for all we know he wouldn't, so i'm just going based on the fact that just about every wr on that team played badass even when colston went down, they didn't really miss a beat, copper had a career year, henderson had a career year, reggie went off, horn did good but got broken, hell he even had a career high in yards per catch............. so that is why i'm saying he's a product of a pass happy system......... he could've turned out good else where, but i think him looking great was cause of the system

My Mood
    Mad
    and for all we know he wouldn't, so i'm just going based on the fact that just about every wr on that team played badass even when colston went down, they didn't really miss a beat, copper had a career year, henderson had a career year, reggie went off, horn did good but got broken, hell he even had a career high in yards per catch............. so that is why i'm saying he's a product of a pass happy system......... he could've turned out good else where, but i think him looking great was cause of the system
    I understand all of that and I agree his stats were jacked up since he played in that offense. Just saying I think he still would have had success in the NFL playing for another team. I totally agree if he was another team he wouldn't have had the same stats.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    and if he came here he would've been a walter young part two, since we didn't have a coach

My Mood
    Mad
    and if he came here he would've been a walter young part two, since we didn't have a coach
    Oh, come on don't go that low. Were talking about Walter Young here. I'm sure if the Steelers had drafted Colston and in training camp if Colston, had tore it up then Cowher wouldn't have cut Colston or placed him on the practice squad.lol

But then again Cowher, did have Colclough returning punts.

If Dallas Baker makes this team, I think part of his contract should be has to change his name to Pittsburgh. We cant have a player named after such a horrible team.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by okiesteeler View Post
    If Dallas Baker makes this team, I think part of his contract should be has to change his name to Pittsburgh. We cant have a player named after such a horrible team.
    i think it's great that his family is cowboy fans, cause when he makes the team and we go to the superbowl, they are gonna have to cheer for their superbowl rivals......

Thread Information