Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Lack of speed triggered Baker's draft day fall

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    it's so funny when every time a player comes goes late in the draft and produces from the start every player from that position gets compared to them............ baker is not on colstons level......hell, colston is a product of the saints system, if colston came to pitt, he'd be on the practice squad....... i hope baker makes the team just so we can have more weapons in the redzone, even though we are stacked now with two big *** TE's........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  2. #12
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,546
    the colston reference is about as accurate as it gets though. He was timed slow, he never had good workouts...considered to big and slow for a pro WR, and to small for a TE.

    Teams liked colston in the 3rd, teams like him in the 4th, in the 5th, in the 6th, but they were afraid to take a chance on him so he slipped to the 7th. I think he benifeted big time form the saints offense and i dont care what anyone says, bush opened up that offense in a big way. But the saints found a quality WR in the 7th round.

    This year, late round picks and undrafted guys are gonna have to be measured against colston.....who else would you like us to use? lol

  3. #13
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i'd like ppl to use no one, and just let these players grow into their own, now and forever wr's taken in the 7th will be compared to colston, just like every qb taken in the 6th will be compared to brady...............................
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  4. #14
    Top 30 Friday133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    982
    I like Baker, but there is still a reason why a WR on the national champs fell to the 7th round. That's not a good position to be in for him. I think he'll turn out to be another Fred Gibson.

  5. #15
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    naw, he won't be a fred gibson cause fred was drafted in the 4th, so if baker fails to make the team it will be no biggy whereas when fred didn't make the team it was considered a huge waste of a draft pick
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  6. #16
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    it's so funny when every time a player comes goes late in the draft and produces from the start every player from that position gets compared to them............ baker is not on colstons level......hell, colston is a product of the saints system, if colston came to pitt, he'd be on the practice squad....... i hope baker makes the team just so we can have more weapons in the redzone, even though we are stacked now with two big *** TE's........
    I never said Dallas Baker was at Colston's level. Just bringing up the fact that some of the same knocks on Colston last year are the same on Baker this year. Not once did I say Dallas Baker will be the next Colston are put up numbers like Colston did.

    Last year Colston wasn't fast enough to play WR in the NFL. This year the question mark on Dallas Baker is his speed. I'm not comparing the two as players but just using Colston as an example that WRs don't need track speed to play in the NFL.lol For a college boy you think you would understand that?

  7. #17
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    40 time is overrated because everybody runs faster when they're being chased

  8. #18
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I never said Dallas Baker was at Colston's level. Just bringing up the fact that some of the same knocks on Colston last year are the same on Baker this year. Not once did I say Dallas Baker will be the next Colston are put up numbers like Colston did.

    Last year Colston wasn't fast enough to play WR in the NFL. This year the question mark on Dallas Baker is his speed. I'm not comparing the two as players but just using Colston as an example that WRs don't need track speed to play in the NFL.lol For a college boy you think you would understand that?

    oh i didn't even know you had posted in here, when i clicked on the thread it took me to k trains post so i was pretty much talking to him......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  9. #19
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    oh i didn't even know you had posted in here, when i clicked on the thread it took me to k trains post so i was pretty much talking to him......
    Its cool man and I'm not upset. Was joking around with you. But dude I know its bugs you when people compare players. Its sports and thats what fans do.

    I'm not expecting Baker to put up Colston numbers at all. Just saying Colston and TJ Humpshismama have proven that 7th round WRs can make at in the NFL. So all isn't lost for Dallas Baker.

  10. #20
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i know dallas ain't lost, but on this team it's hard, those two guys are products of pass happy teams, that's why if the steelers had gotten those two, they'd be in nfl europe or searching for themselves since they just failed in reaching their dream of playing in the nfl........

    i hope dallas can make it, cause i hate having a midget wr core sometimes.........

    and yeah, i ****ing hate when ppl bring up the 40 times, that's why i loved it when keyshawn kept talking **** to mel everytime he brought it up, it's the most overrated thing to base a player off of, no player runs without pads and in a straight line with no one attempting to hit them in an actual game.........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers '74 Best Draft ever
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 08:30 PM
  2. 08 AFC Team Draft Grades
    By NOVA STEELERS in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 05:17 PM
  3. Yahoo! AFC Draft Grades
    By Hburg in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 08:23 AM
  4. Daytona 500 Starting Lineup.....
    By DIESELMAN in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 12:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •