Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lack of speed triggered Baker's draft day fall

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    it's so funny when every time a player comes goes late in the draft and produces from the start every player from that position gets compared to them............ baker is not on colstons level......hell, colston is a product of the saints system, if colston came to pitt, he'd be on the practice squad....... i hope baker makes the team just so we can have more weapons in the redzone, even though we are stacked now with two big *** TE's........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

the colston reference is about as accurate as it gets though. He was timed slow, he never had good workouts...considered to big and slow for a pro WR, and to small for a TE.

Teams liked colston in the 3rd, teams like him in the 4th, in the 5th, in the 6th, but they were afraid to take a chance on him so he slipped to the 7th. I think he benifeted big time form the saints offense and i dont care what anyone says, bush opened up that offense in a big way. But the saints found a quality WR in the 7th round.

This year, late round picks and undrafted guys are gonna have to be measured against colston.....who else would you like us to use? lol

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i'd like ppl to use no one, and just let these players grow into their own, now and forever wr's taken in the 7th will be compared to colston, just like every qb taken in the 6th will be compared to brady...............................

I like Baker, but there is still a reason why a WR on the national champs fell to the 7th round. That's not a good position to be in for him. I think he'll turn out to be another Fred Gibson.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    naw, he won't be a fred gibson cause fred was drafted in the 4th, so if baker fails to make the team it will be no biggy whereas when fred didn't make the team it was considered a huge waste of a draft pick

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    it's so funny when every time a player comes goes late in the draft and produces from the start every player from that position gets compared to them............ baker is not on colstons level......hell, colston is a product of the saints system, if colston came to pitt, he'd be on the practice squad....... i hope baker makes the team just so we can have more weapons in the redzone, even though we are stacked now with two big *** TE's........
    I never said Dallas Baker was at Colston's level. Just bringing up the fact that some of the same knocks on Colston last year are the same on Baker this year. Not once did I say Dallas Baker will be the next Colston are put up numbers like Colston did.

Last year Colston wasn't fast enough to play WR in the NFL. This year the question mark on Dallas Baker is his speed. I'm not comparing the two as players but just using Colston as an example that WRs don't need track speed to play in the NFL.lol For a college boy you think you would understand that?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    40 time is overrated because everybody runs faster when they're being chased

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I never said Dallas Baker was at Colston's level. Just bringing up the fact that some of the same knocks on Colston last year are the same on Baker this year. Not once did I say Dallas Baker will be the next Colston are put up numbers like Colston did.

Last year Colston wasn't fast enough to play WR in the NFL. This year the question mark on Dallas Baker is his speed. I'm not comparing the two as players but just using Colston as an example that WRs don't need track speed to play in the NFL.lol For a college boy you think you would understand that?

oh i didn't even know you had posted in here, when i clicked on the thread it took me to k trains post so i was pretty much talking to him......

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    oh i didn't even know you had posted in here, when i clicked on the thread it took me to k trains post so i was pretty much talking to him......
    Its cool man and I'm not upset. Was joking around with you. But dude I know its bugs you when people compare players. Its sports and thats what fans do.

I'm not expecting Baker to put up Colston numbers at all. Just saying Colston and TJ Humpshismama have proven that 7th round WRs can make at in the NFL. So all isn't lost for Dallas Baker.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i know dallas ain't lost, but on this team it's hard, those two guys are products of pass happy teams, that's why if the steelers had gotten those two, they'd be in nfl europe or searching for themselves since they just failed in reaching their dream of playing in the nfl........

i hope dallas can make it, cause i hate having a midget wr core sometimes.........

and yeah, i ****ing hate when ppl bring up the 40 times, that's why i loved it when keyshawn kept talking **** to mel everytime he brought it up, it's the most overrated thing to base a player off of, no player runs without pads and in a straight line with no one attempting to hit them in an actual game.........

Thread Information