Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Steeler game That We Lost, Do You Wish We Had Won?

Bookmark and Share
    raiders game, how do you limit a team to less then 100 offenseive yards, and STILL lose? that was just sad.
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I was embarrassed about the Raider game simply because, well, they're the Raiders, and were the worst team in the league.

However, I'd have to say I went beyond embarrassment to total humiliation in the second Ravens game. After how they beat us the first time, I expected to see our team come out strong to redeem themselves and try to make another run.
    They looked worse in that second game than they did in the first! Our guys looked completely inept, and I'm sure not used to seein them like that...Ben gettin sacked so many times...that game was a NIGHTmare to me.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    I agree with the Raiders as well but for me personally it was the 1st Bengal game because I was there. My first game in Pittsburgh...on my birthday....and we gave it away.

i was there for the browns game, and we won that one luckily. and the last cincy one. the last ravens game was humilating, caause we needed that, and where was our o-line? it was just sad.
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

It's really hard to just pick one because the first Bengal game the Steelers had that one on the bag, then there is the Raider game that was absolutely ridiculous and then the Atlanta game... There are just so many that it's hard to not pick one!

I would have to say that 27-0 waxin' the Ratbirds put on us. It was like the O-line was sleep. I would take losing to the Raiders any day as opposed to losing to those ratbastids!!

My first thought was the Raiders game, but really we were a 14-2 caliber team last year. There was no reason we shouldn't have won more games. 7th ranked offense, 9th ranked defense (even with the shoddy DBs). There was no valid reason to be 8-8, the whole season hurt.

I think our loss in the 15th game, the one that eliminated us from the playoffs, hurt a lot. After we beat Cincy, and could have gotten in at 9-6, it was infuriating.
    Hotlink it and spread the love!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The whole freekin season was an under achieving disaster ! Nearly ever game we lost we were "in it" in the 4th quarter or atleast the 3rd quarter.

That ratbird game on christmas eve was a nightmare, all we had to do was beat them and our chances stayed alive but nnnnooooooo, we had to go in and let them ride roughshod all over us in our own stadium. That was a very quiet ride home.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The whole freekin season was an under achieving disaster ! Nearly ever game we lost we were "in it" in the 4th quarter or atleast the 3rd quarter.

That ratbird game on christmas eve was a nightmare, all we had to do was beat them and our chances stayed alive but nnnnooooooo, we had to go in and let them ride roughshod all over us in our own stadium. That was a very quiet ride home.....

Quote Originally Posted by kgreen View Post
    The first Bengals game. It was a game we played to and deserved to win until Ricardo decided to give the game away. Granted Ben did not have a great game, but Willie did. That and the Raiders game. Our defense held them to a mere 97 yards, while our offense racked up nearly 500 yards but turnovers and penalties killed us again. We also should have won the Falcons game. That was the game that really killed our season and any momentum we were building. Ben was on fire and our defense had Vick figured out. Next thing I know, Ben gets a concussion on a cheap hit that the refs didn't flag. I beleive the final was 41-38. That game made me sick. Although it included maybe the play of the year when Hines lost his shoe and went Shoeless Hines for a TD. It was so typical of Hines to make that play.
    I remember this differently, I seem to remember we were winning this game and the bengals scored and kicked off which Santonio fumbled and it was recovered by the bengals who went on to score on the next play taking the lead away, which we never recovered

Thread Information