Thread: Holmes to appear in court today

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Holmes to appear in court today

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06242/717435-66.stm

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Santonio Holmes, the Steelers' No. 1 pick, will miss practice today because he will be in Columbus, Ohio, for a jury-trial hearing on charges of domestic violence and abuse against the mother of his third child.

Holmes will attend a 10 a.m. hearing before Judge Michael Brandt in Franklin County Municipal Court. Regardless of developments, he is expected to return for the final preseason game tomorrow night against the Carolina Panthers at Heinz Field.

"I can't imagine that being a problem," said Sam Shamansky, Holmes' Columbus-based attorney.

Holmes, who played at Ohio State, was arrested June 19 and charged with domestic violence and abuse -- first-degree misdemeanors -- against Lashae Boone of Columbus, the mother of his third child.

"We're hoping the prosecutor drops the charges and we'll go from there," Shamansky said.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'll just be glad when he gets this behind him!

House of Steel
    I thought the girl dropped the charges? Oh wait a minute, Prosecutor has to drop it. I think this will be dropped.

Prosecuter probably sees $$$ signs all over Holmes. I hope this gets dropped as well, so HOlmes can get all of these distractions behind him and focus only on football!

Update on Holmes court date today:

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Quote Originally Posted by kffl.com
    Steelers | Police and courts: S. Holmes
    Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:50:07 -0700

ESPN.com reports Pittsburgh Steelers rookie WR Santonio Holmes had his trial postponed until Dec. 4. Holmes is charged with assaulting the mother of one of this three children in June. "I'm not making any comments. I apologized for it so," he told reporters Wednesday, Aug. 30. The woman involved in the case has steadfastly maintained that she prefers to have the charges, both of which are first-degree misdemeanors, dismissed and has suggested she will not testify. Prosecutors have said that they may force her testimony and that they plan to move forward with the case.
    I hope this doesn't become black cloud lingering over his head this year. I really want to see Holmes silence some critics, especially the ones saying the Steelers can't win without Randle El...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    they just doing this cause he's rich and finna be famous. that's f'ked up that they can force the lady to testify. i know she's a lieing whore anyway lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

House of Steel
    Pretty strong words there, Koopa. WOW!!! Yeah, I don't like the sounds of this being postponed. What is the prosecutor's excuse for this???

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    Posponed? That means that instead of missing an almost meaningless "end of preseason practice" he's going to have to miss a practice during the week of a regular season game. Thats not good at all. He should have just stayed away from trouble in the first place.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

They'll just delay the trial again in December, but most likely it'll be dropped long before that happens.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Maniac
    Pretty strong words there, Koopa. WOW!!! Yeah, I don't like the sounds of this being postponed. What is the prosecutor's excuse for this???

i think i should put this in my sig.....when i end a sentence with an lol or i have a bunch of lol's in my post it pretty much means i'm just messing around
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information