0 0%
  • E

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade The Steelers 2007 Draft

Bookmark and Share
    lol, hes a joke

Reppin' 724
    I give this draft a B-, right now anyways.

I like the Timmons pick, I still feel we could have traded down, and got him a few picks later.

Woodley was a nice pick up, and it kind of surprised me to be honest, I seriously thought Tony Hunt was a lock right here, but I was right 3-4 months ago, we didn't take a RB.

Spaeth seems to have a ton of potential, but I don't know why would takee another TE, unless we are actually planning on using them. Plus Tumane has got to be shitting his pants right now. Is he still in the teams plans? I just don't see us taking 5-6 WR's and 3 TE's in the gamedy roster.

The rest of the guys were all good depth picks and Sepulveda is going to be pretty good I think.

So....B- for now.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    I give this draft a B-, right now anyways.

I like the Timmons pick, I still feel we could have traded down, and got him a few picks later.

Woodley was a nice pick up, and it kind of surprised me to be honest, I seriously thought Tony Hunt was a lock right here, but I was right 3-4 months ago, we didn't take a RB.

Spaeth seems to have a ton of potential, but I don't know why would takee another TE, unless we are actually planning on using them. Plus Tumane has got to be shitting his pants right now. Is he still in the teams plans? I just don't see us taking 5-6 WR's and 3 TE's in the gamedy roster.

The rest of the guys were all good depth picks and Sepulveda is going to be pretty good I think.

So....B- for now.
    Yes you were right the Steelers didn't draft a RB. But right now there is only two on the roster. I'm alittle concerned about the depth. So they better bring a RB or two to training camp. Not unless the Steelers bring back Verron Haynes or they bring back Jon Kuhn.

im willing to give kuhn a chance

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    that's cheating not to grade it now, you can't wait lol.........

i give it an b+

timmons- great pick at 15, there was no one else that would've been more value there, and there was no one there worth it for other teams to trade with us for them to move up and us move down, so it was a good pick

woodley- very good pick, will help on special teams right away, then he's a player we can groom to take over for haggans in 08......

that te, i don't know his name- at first i was bummed out with it, i thought they might have let bill cowher come on as a special picker......cause this had cowher wasted pick written all over it.....and i couldn't even enjoy my spurs win over the nuggets, mainly cause i was at my friends and i didn't have the luxury of having a computer lol, but then i came home, vented a little, and then finally started reading up on him, he seems kinda like a bum, but i guess the coaching staff likes him, he can be a nice target for ben in short range, while heath will be spread out more which will be good, and arians said he loves using 3 te's and he will use 3 te's....... i guess we better get used to this new era, no longer will we waste talent like cowher did on the regular

d-sep- great pick, we fill a huge need, we finally get value for our 4th round pick, if cowher was picking we would've probably picked a long snapper or some bs player, but this was great, good moving up to get him too, i guess they knew something we didn't cause i guess he would've been gone if we waited......

mcbean- adds good depth, gives us some flexibility if we want to play a little 4-3 every now and then

5th round picks- adds good depth on the line, and in the secondary

7th round pick- brings competition to the wring core, and could be a nice sleeper for us..........

tomlin did good in his first draft, i can't wait till next season, i doubt we win it all, but it should be a nice first season for tomlin
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im willing to give kuhn a chance
    **** at this point i'm willing to give you a chance. The fact remains the Steelers need another body at RB since Willie and Dookie are the only two on the roster.

i love how "d-sep" has caught on...i gave him a hardcore gangster nickname lol

Grade = B

they needed pass rush and now secured it. and secured the LB postion for a good while.

If Speath has 3rd round talent and become a good or great TE and with his size and potiential he could be a great TE then we might be the only team with two great TE's and that can open alot of doors I hope Arians knows what he's doing.

Sepulvdeda I really didn't think the Steelers were going to pick him I was very impressed by Tomlin/Colbert and K-TRAIN. he will be the best punter we ever had, he might be the best punter in the NFL mabye make the HOF. But he will be the toughest punter and best tackling punter. He has Pittsburgh Steelers written al over him. Everyone will fall in love with him

McBean adds nice depth and he's a good player

Stephensen also nice depth and could start down the road

Gay will only make the Corners push even harder to start and he could be a decent #3 for us

Baker FINALLY we have a tall WR again since Burress. Washington is 6'1 and he will compete with Baker. Washington does play taller than his height but Baker could very well get a spot. He could be a giant steal like Mickeal Bush.

We didn't draft a RB like I hoped but we might pick one up in free agency and everyone forgot we have Davenport. Speath could have been picked a round later so we could have gotten RB CB OLINE but Speath could very well be a great asset to our team but we do have MILLER?
    Last edited by BRICKTOWN BEAST; 04-29-2007 at 06:54 PM.

by no means was spaeth brought in to push miller out....skill level wise spaeth has nothing on heath...he was brought in to block and open things up for heath

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Steelers are talking with Haynes, also some undrafted free agents.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Thread Information