• E

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade The Steelers 2007 Draft

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Grade The Steelers 2007 Draft

Okay, it's time to grade the Steelers 2007 Draft? So how do you think they did?

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Too early to tell

My Mood
    Addicted
    I gave the Steelers a B+. I really like all the defensive picks. The TE troubled me a bit at first, but again have to remember this is no longer the Cowher Era. The TE is 6'7! Picked up an OG. Added some nice depth. Like the Dallas Baker pick. Seems like he could battle for a spot.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Way to early to tell. But I think the Steelers went in this draft with their pass rush being their biggest need. They have improved that with their first two picks.

As for the rest of the draft. We added Punter which was a need. One of the best punters in this draft no doubt so that was a good move. I like the fact a DE/DT was added to the rotation on the Dline. Its nice having another young corner in the mix. Plus the guy seems to be alittle bit of a ball hawk.

I like the addition of another TE and WR. Especially Baker in the 7th round. I think the Steelers had a solid draft but time will tell on how good or bad this draft was.

im so happy, i know im probably alone but i think it was great draft....timmons was my guy at the end...woodley was one of my guys if god forbid we took a corner in the first. The TE through me off but im happy....then theres d-sep....nufced

I like all the day 2 picks....good depth and Baker was a steal

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im so happy, i know im probably alone but i think it was great draft....timmons was my guy at the end...woodley was one of my guys if god forbid we took a corner in the first. The TE through me off but im happy....then theres d-sep....nufced

I like all the day 2 picks....good depth and Baker was a steal
    Every draft has the potential to be a great draft. Its just to early to tell. I think there is alot of potential in Timmons, Woodley, Sepulveda. I think those guys could have Pro Bowl potential at their respective positions.

Then guys like Gay and Baker are real sleepers in my mind. Then Spaeth, McBean and the OG are players that provide depth. Plus who knows maybe those guys turn out to be very good players as well. Overall I like this draft alot and I can't wait to see the new Steelers in action.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I was looking for a OLB in rd 1, wasn't expecting back to back OLB's but I'm stoked about that. We got the best punter in the draft and for years to come..bye bye Gar****i. We got OL and CB depth and to add some competition in camp. We also got a big, tall receiver to do the same thing. A DT who can possibly play DE and a BIG TE who can help stretch the other receivers on the field....Miller and Spaeth in the game at the same time sounds impressive, if Spaeth can come out and prove hes a pass threat as well as a dozer, then defenses will be slow to react to both being on the field, we already know what Miller brings to the table. I say good picks all around

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

I gave it a "B"...

I like the draft... I like Timmons, and Woodley is really growing on me I just didn't think we would address the same need so early and close together.

The Spaeth selection is a suprise to everyone but if they want to run three tight end sets it was a good pick. He can block and will get up the seam and make some nice catches... he killed Penn State as a senior.

I don't like the idea of taking a punter in the fourth let alone trading up for one... but after the Andy Lee deal fell through and Poldesh was selected Sepulveda was the last viable option at punter or it was another year of Gardoki... or they would gamble on a civilin Matt Barr. I guess I like the pick.

The next couple picks aren't going to impress anyone... but the addition of a recognized award winning lineman and an award winning corner are substantial this late in the draft. I think Gay may turn out to be a player.

Finally we get to the last selection of Baker... I think it's a great pick and value this late in the draft. He is a physical receiver who who lacks seperation but creates for himself. I think he might make the team.

I would have really liked to see a stud gaurd selected early or Jacoby Jones fall to us in the third, but the cards didn't fall that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    I gave it a "B"...

I like the draft... I like Timmons, and Woodley is really growing on me I just didn't think we would address the same need so early and close together.

The Spaeth selection is a suprise to everyone but if they want to run three tight end sets it was a good pick. He can block and will get up the seam and make some nice catches... he killed Penn State as a senior.

I don't like the idea of taking a punter in the fourth let alone trading up for one... but after the Andy Lee deal fell through and Poldesh was selected Sepulveda was the last viable option at punter or it was another year of Gardoki... or they would gamble on a civilin Matt Barr. I guess I like the pick.

The next couple picks aren't going to impress anyone... but the addition of a recognized award winning lineman and an award winning corner are substantial this late in the draft. I think Gay may turn out to be a player.

Finally we get to the last selection of Baker... I think it's a great pick and value this late in the draft. He is a physical receiver who who lacks seperation but creates for himself. I think he might make the team.

I would have really liked to see a stud gaurd selected early or Jacoby Jones fall to us in the third, but the cards didn't fall that way.
    lol did you think i was joking? lol

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol did you think i was joking? lol
    I hope Poldesh wins Rookie of the Year...

Thread Information