Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steelers 7th Round Selection - 2007 - Dallas Baker WR - Florida

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    Now they can cut Wilson....
    We will need Wilson if we are gonna run these four wide sets Arians speaks of... I think Wilson will play a bigger role this year. Wilson should eat up most "dime backs"...

Dallas Baker the touchdown maker!

Nice pick, but anyone that thinks we're going to drop Cedrick in favor of Dallas is out of their minds. Baker doesn't have the speed or the hands to be an every down receiver, but he will be a nice little threat in red zone situations.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post

Nice pick, but anyone that thinks we're going to drop Cedrick in favor of Dallas is out of their minds. Baker doesn't have the speed or the hands to be an every down receiver, but he will be a nice little threat in red zone situations.
    but wilson doesnt have the skills to do it period so it wouldnt really be a loss

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i doubt he was drafted to be an every down wr, and speed don't matter if you can't do **** with it, we got plenty of speed in holmes, and he knows how to play, wilson is gonna be gone soon, he's pointless on this roster......... and i'm not saying it's cause we got baker, i'm saying it cause he's over paid and can't play
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post

Ok so you think Cedric Wilson is going to be an every down WR? I don't with Ward, Holmes Washington probably as the first three WR. I just hope Baker beats Wilson out for his roster spot. Since Wilson has a high cap number for a 4th WR.

As for Dallas Baker. I think some of the same things were said about Colston last year. Now I'm not expecting Baker to put up Colston numbers at all. But Colston proves you just never know. So I think Baker could be a solid number 2 WR oneday.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok so you think Cedric Wilson is going to be an every down WR? I don't with Ward, Holmes Washington probably as the first three WR. I just hope Baker beats Wilson out for his roster spot. Since Wilson has a high cap number for a 4th WR.

As for Dallas Baker. I think some of the same things were said about Colston last year. Now I'm not expecting Baker to put up Colston numbers at all. But Colston proves you just never know. So I think Baker could be a solid number 2 WR oneday.
    I never said that Wilson is an every down receiver, just that Baker isn't going to beat him out for a roster spot. Baker catches way too many balls in his chest, rather than with his hands, and speed does matter for a receiver (maybe not the 40 time, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think you need to be fast to be a receiver).

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I love this value pick, the guy could be a serious sleeper for us, I thought he'd go mid 5th round atleast.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Besides Ward, Holmes, Washington and even Reid its all up in the air. Every website has a different scouting report on all college players, especially the ones who aren't popular. Below are 2 scouting reports on 2 different players, can you guess who they are?

He also has very good straight-line speed for a man his size. He doesn’t run particularly good routes as he doesn’t possess short-area quickness and is more of a long-strider. He will likely be asked to bulk up and play more of a receiving TE role.
    Size and strength. He gets himself in position to make a catch and his size and strength help to keep the defender away from the ball. He'll get the ball at its highest point and can catch effectively with his hands. Once he has the ball, he's a load for a small DB to bring down. Baker is also a very willing and able blocker in the secondary. He has the frame to add additional bulk.
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    I'll come back on here later and give the answers.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information