Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blitzs Thoughts on the Day One 1

Bookmark and Share
    SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar

Blitzs Thoughts on the Day One 1

Round One- Lawrence Timmons
    From Reading Things and Hearing things on the TV I saw that the steelers was getting reday to take Revis with 15 pick but then the jets traded up and took him at 14. I feel Timmons can be a quailty player. It looks he will be great at rushing the passer. But anyone remember the last FSU linesbacker we took on the first day? Its Alonzo Jackson.

Round Two- LaMarr Woodley
    This is IMO the best pick of the day. If you win Defensive Player of the Year in the Big Ten you have to be pretty good. I think he can be a star at DE/OLB. Even though he is only 6'1" it dosent matter how tall you are to tackle the man with the ball. And he is very quick off the ball

Round Three- Matt Spaeth
    WHO? Thats what everyone was think when he was drafted. But was a 1st Team All-American so he cant be that bad. My though is that he is 6'7" and in the goal line put him out as a WR and he is getting covered by a guy that only 6'0". Even though we didnt need a TE, he could still be a nice player

My Mood
    Angry
    Timmons wasn't a shocker but Woodley and Spaeth.
    The Day 2 picks are looking just as questionable from Tomlin and Colbert.

I wonder how many picks don't actually make the roster this year as well??
    Last edited by Ambridge; 04-29-2007 at 03:20 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55 View Post
    Round One- Lawrence Timmons
    From Reading Things and Hearing things on the TV I saw that the steelers was getting reday to take Revis with 15 pick but then the jets traded up and took him at 14. I feel Timmons can be a quailty player. It looks he will be great at rushing the passer. But anyone remember the last FSU linesbacker we took on the first day? Its Alonzo Jackson.

Round Two- LaMarr Woodley
    This is IMO the best pick of the day. If you win Defensive Player of the Year in the Big Ten you have to be pretty good. I think he can be a star at DE/OLB. Even though he is only 6'1" it dosent matter how tall you are to tackle the man with the ball. And he is very quick off the ball

Round Three- Matt Spaeth
    WHO? Thats what everyone was think when he was drafted. But was a 1st Team All-American so he cant be that bad. My though is that he is 6'7" and in the goal line put him out as a WR and he is getting covered by a guy that only 6'0". Even though we didnt need a TE, he could still be a nice player
    Ok Alonzo Jackson wasn't a true LB. He was DE turned OLB. With Timmons he is more of pure/true OLB so now worries about that for me. Hey Mike Tomlin loves the guy so he has better judgement then me.
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 04-29-2007 at 03:20 PM.

no way spaeth was drafted to catch passes....he was drafted to be a dominate blocker

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    no way spaeth was drafted to catch passes....he was drafted to be a dominate blocker
    Basically another TE to eat-up a valuable roster spot.

no, tuman is gone

It sounds like they will keep Tuman and use some three tight end sets...

Spaeth can catch... He tore up Penn State last year and had many good games receiving.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Both top 2 picks can play OLB for us and should fit in very nicely. They will give us some fresh blood at the LB spot and push everyone to be even better. Haggans and Harrison may be the tagged starters for right now but Timmons & Woodley won't sit back and just be content for ST very long. They're going to push for more and more playing time and competition breeds success.

I still don't like the Spaeth pick in the 3rd, we could have easily gotten him in the 4th round IMO.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Miller and Spaeth in the game at the same time sounds impressive, if Spaeth can come out and prove hes a pass threat as well as a dozer, then defenses will be slow to react to both being on the field, we already know what Miller brings to the table. I say good pick

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Both top 2 picks can play OLB for us and should fit in very nicely. They will give us some fresh blood at the LB spot and push everyone to be even better. Haggans and Harrison may be the tagged starters for right now but Timmons & Woodley won't sit back and just be content for ST very long. They're going to push for more and more playing time and competition breeds success.

I still don't like the Spaeth pick in the 3rd, we could have easily gotten him in the 4th round IMO.
    no we couldnt have....weve had plans for that pick for months lol

Thread Information