Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNN/SI Season Predictions

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    You both kind of forgotten, The Panthers drafted a major Touchdown machine out of college football, DeAngelo Williams. I guarantee you, this boy is going to be the new starting running back and LOOK OUT!!! I often wonder how Keyshawn and Steve are going to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Maniac
    You both kind of forgotten, The Panthers drafted a major Touchdown machine out of college football, DeAngelo Williams. I guarantee you, this boy is going to be the new starting running back and LOOK OUT!!! I often wonder how Keyshawn and Steve are going to get along.
    Good point. What's the report on DeAngelo? Is he expected to get touches in the opener?

EDIT:I just googled him. Funny, two articles from a Carolina newspaper showed up on one link. The headline from Aug 20 was "Williams fails to Turn Heads So Far." Then on Aug 24th, the article was boout how he had secured the return job after a 98 yard return in a preseason game. I guess he has turned some heads.

I wonder if he is a sharp enough guy to know the offense well enough to take over on RB if needed this season. I don't know much about the man.
    Last edited by Hawk Believer; 08-30-2006 at 01:01 AM.

House of Steel
    Just in the last pre-season game, he returned a kickoff 98 yards. He is about to become the new Kick Returner for the Panthers. He suppose to share the backfield with Foster. I think he is going to swing into the starting grid since Foster is so injury prone.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The Panthers get picked every year because they have a very good team. problem is they haven't been healthy. They will be a force in the NFC "if" they stay injury free.

I love them picking the whole NFC East to go 9-7!! I keep telling a friend of mine who likes the Redskins that the NFC East teams will all be 8-8!

I do think the Vikings will be far better than 6-10 and the Jaguars should get at least 10 wins with the D they have.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I have to agree I just don't see the Dolphins making it to the Super Bowl. I think they need some more time to get everything together.

House of Steel
    The Redskins??? I don't think they will manage 8-8. Maybe, 7-9. They have too many egos on that teams along with bulging ego sitting on top of the team with a fat wallet of his. I am telling you, I love to sucker punch Dan Synder for all he is. He has no business being in the NFL. I can't wait to see the Salary Cap Hell unfold for them. It is going to get real ugly in Washingto real quick. Antwann is an idiot for going there. WAY OVERPAID!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Maniac
    The Redskins??? I don't think they will manage 8-8. Maybe, 7-9. They have too many egos on that teams along with bulging ego sitting on top of the team with a fat wallet of his. I am telling you, I love to sucker punch Dan Synder for all he is. He has no business being in the NFL. I can't wait to see the Salary Cap Hell unfold for them. It is going to get real ugly in Washingto real quick. Antwann is an idiot for going there. WAY OVERPAID!!!
    Very well stated Maniac! Brunell had a pretty good year last year, but all these old timers seem to have one last heroic gasp at then end that makes you think they still have some left in the tank. Brunell hasn't done a thing this year and probably won't be starter just after mid season.

House of Steel
    I think if John Fox was wise, he would start DeAngelo Williams at RB since Foster is so injury prone, I guarantee you, he would be the difference maker along with Keyshawn to push this team into the NFC Championship. Arizona is going to be the surprising team of the NFL this season with a loaded arsenal on offense, but their defense is suspecting and mysterious, but the NFC is weak compared to the AFC. I am running my hopes into the NFC North's Chicago Bears, a great defense, but their offense is a question mark pending the health of Rex Grossman. They got a reliable backup in Brian Griese.

Cincinnati is going to give us a run for our money, I will be honest, they could make a wild card appearance again.

Miami is another team on the bubble, either 9-7. 8-8, or 7-9 is the possible record.

New England is history on the playoff runs.

San Diego might make the AFC West Title
    Miami might make the AFC East Title
    Pittsburgh with the AFC North Title
    Indianapolis with the AFC South Title

NFC EAST is a wide open race--I am going with Philadelphia on this one
    NFC NORTH--Chicago Bears
    NFC WEST-- Arizona Cardinals, why? Larry Fitzgerald and Aquain Bolden for one thing, and then the new acquistion, Edgerrin James.
    NFC South--Carolina Panthers

AFC:
    1. Pittsburgh
    2. Indianapolis
    3. San Diego
    4. Miami

Wild Cards:
    5. Cincinnati
    6. Denver

NFC:
    1. Carolina
    2. Philadelphia
    3. Chicago
    4. Arizona

Wild Cards:
    5. Seattle
    6. Tampa Bay

Wild Card Playoffs:
    AFC: Cincinnati over San Diego
    Denver over Miami

NFC: Chicago over Seattle
    Arizona over Tampa Bay

Divisional Playoffs:
    AFC: Pittsburgh over Cincinnati
    Indianapolis over Denver

NFC: Carolina over Chicago (very close game by a FG)
    Philadelphia over Arizona

Championship Games:

AFC: Pittsburgh over Indianapolis
    NFC: Carolina over Philadelphia

Super Bowl XLI:
    Pittsburgh over Carolina 27-13

Thread Information