Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN/SI Season Predictions

Bookmark and Share

CNN/SI Season Predictions

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ort/index.html

They've got your Steelers going 12-4, getting a bye, and losing their first playoff game. My Seahawks share the same playoff fate. The Panthers take the Dolphins in the SB.

Can't say I agree. But these are always fun to look at right now. And again in January.

Are you kidding me... The Dolphins? I could see the Panthers but not the Dolphins... they haven't improved that much!

Seahawks and Steelers will both make it to their Conference Championship Game (CCG)... IMO

Anybody see who's on the cover of SI NFL Preview??? SI Curse heading Porter's and the Steelers way...

Havent they said the Panthers would win for like the last 3 years in a row?
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerDan43
    Havent they said the Panthers would win for like the last 3 years in a row?
    They did pick the Panthers last year. I think SI figures that there will always be a surprise team that makes a deep playoff run. Which is true. So they tend to pic a non-sequitor team to do well. But the trouble with picking those surprise teams is that they are by their very nature hard to pick (that was about the most obvious statement I have written in a long time). I think eash year SI throws a dart and picks out an OK team to be this years sleeper. And they are almost always wrong.

But one of these years they are going to get a surprise prediction right and they are never going to let us forget....

ASU 4 LIFE
    if dante couldnt do it with the vikings what makes them think he has a better chance with dolphins.....pure garbage!

I'll tell you exactly why this is all wrong. Except for the AFC East, which is still the weakest conference in the AFC, they have this all broken down as "Have's and have nots". The exception that shows the foolishness is the NFC East. All 4 teams go 9-7? Nonsense!

The Pats won't win 11.
    The Jets won't win 5
    The Bengals will finish higher than the Rats
    The Giants and Cowboys will have at least 10 wins a piece
    The Cards will win at least 8 games

I do think the Seahawks will break "The curse", but it's finally time to believe the hype about the Panthers.

House of Steel
    Steelers and the Panthers for Super Bowl XLI.

THE STEELERS WILL REPEAT!!!

Sport Illustrated is ran by a bunch of Chimps.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I could most definately see a Steelers / Panthers SB. The thing that worries me about the panthers is their lack of depth at RB. Deshaun Foster is as injury prone as they come. Their defense is top notch and now they have someone to help take the heat off Steve, by picking up Keshawn.

The dolphins don't have the complete package yet, sorry but there's no way you'll see them in the SB in 2006. They're starting to put some pieces of the puzzle together but it'll take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
    I could most definately see a Steelers / Panthers SB. The thing that worries me about the panthers is their lack of depth at RB. Deshaun Foster is as injury prone as they come. Their defense is top notch and now they have someone to help take the heat off Steve, by picking up Keshawn.

The dolphins don't have the complete package yet, sorry but there's no way you'll see them in the SB in 2006. They're starting to put some pieces of the puzzle together but it'll take some time.
    I have a really hard time judging the Panthers after the NFC championship. Delhome just wilted and Smith was AWOL. But they of course were playing with their 3rd and 4th string running back. What I don't get is how they lit up the vaunted Bear defense the week before (I suspect that game said more about the Bears being a little overated than it did about the Panther's offense).

Having a healthy RB and adding Keyshawn will make them a very different team than the one that came to Seattle. But I do question Delhome's ability to sustain his A-game through the whole playoffs. I agree that RB durability is a big questionmark. And I wonder how Smith and Johnson will be able to keep their egos in check while in the same sandbox. I think they will be fine while they are winning. But guys like that can be cancerous when a team faces adversity. And its rare for an NFL team to go through a season without hitting some adverse situations.
    And that is why the Panthers will definately be a team I will follow closely this season.
    Last edited by Hawk Believer; 08-30-2006 at 12:35 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Good post

Steve Smith has an ego the size of Keyshawn's, I agree, so it will be interesting to see which one starts complaining first. Whichever gets the double team constantly Im sure will start griping. If Foster can stay healthy this team will be very dangerous; if he can't, they'll make it to the playoffs and then falter again because they can't run the ball.

Thread Information