Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did the Steelers do IYO

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

How did the Steelers do IYO

Recap

1 15 Timmons, Lawrence OLB 6-3 232 Florida State

Good LB that fits our system. Will replace the shoes of Porter who flew the coupe. I see him growing in our system and I think he was the BPA for the Steelers at this spot.

2 46 Woodley, LaMarr DE 6-2 269 Michigan

A DE who weighs enough to convert to LB which I think we will play him at both this upcomming year. He like Timmons is a solid pass rusher and will fit our system well. I would have liked to see the Steelers trade up and get rid of some of the crappy picks for a OG like Blalock with this pick, but in the end i cant complain they got a solid player.

3 77 Spaeth, Matt TE 6-7 267 Minnesota

WHADAFUXUP with this pick. Initial reaction from everyone. Before I talk about how this is a bad pick let me explain how its not so bad. This guy is a huge TE with exceptional blocking. The plan for this guy could be to convert to a linemen or Tomlin could want us to use a 2 TE set more often. This will only help if he will actually use his TE unlike cower.
    NOW the down side is we could have used this pick on Hunt or Bush and still got this guy in the 4th if he is really who we wanted. I think Bush and Hunt bring more value to our team right away. All im going to say is when our 4th comes around and we dont get Bush I wouldnt touch a RB till the 7th and thats not saying much. I might pick up a Germaine Race there and see how much he wants it in mini camp.

How about You guys?

That's some pretty good stuff you have there I completely agree with you about the Steelers 3rd round pick, but I'm not sure I would go with Bush. He (Bush) just had a second surgery not to long ago so he more than likely is going to be sitting out this year. I can't justify waisting a 3rd pick for someone who's not going to contribute to the team right away

I agree with you on all 3, my first reaction to the TE was WTF!!!! We have Heath Miller already and I dont see the need for another TE when there are other positions in which we are much weaker and we coudl have solidifed with this pick. All I can say is that I am sure that Tomlin has a plan and a reason for this particular pick. I am going to sit and wait and judge this pick after I see what his plan is

Love our 1st two picks

Will wait & see how the TE turns out in camp & pre-season

Starter
    Anybody think we will get that punter? cant remember the name.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    first 2 picks were very good, but that 3rd round pick just ruined the draft for me, cowher must of been a special guest picker or this dude sucked someones dick...... i was pissed i couldn't even enjoy my spurs win.......... you have ****ing heath miller and you pick a ****ing bum of a te.......... just ****ing gay, might as well just draft a kicker if you are throwing away picks like that.........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I dont like the word "solid" A solid LB is not what we need! We need a great pass rusher at OLB. A solid LB in a 4-3 may work. But a solid LB in a 3-4 isnt very good in my opinion.

I`m a little dissappointed today! I was hoping for more. But like every year, we will not know how good/bad this draft was for atleast a couple of years.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

I love and hate Pittsburgh's first two picks...

Woodley and Timmons are great players, love their ability. Hate that they are Steelers now.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I love the first two picks. I cooled off a little from pick number 3. I can see the logic, but I still feel the guy would of been there in the fourth round.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Love the first 2 picks. Timmons & Woodley are going to be beasts for us. Our pass rush has definitely improved so far. We've got depth now and that's something we haven't had the last couple years at LB. I can't wait to see these 2 play.

I still don't like the TE pick in the 3rd round. This dude would have easily been there in the 4th or even 5th round so why not take a RB or even another DB or better yet some OL help in round 3 then look at Spaeth mid day 2.

Oh well, he better be a beast or it's just another wasted draft pick.

Thread Information