Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers 3rd Round Pick -2007 - Matt Spaeth TE Minnesota

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    colbert is a biggity bitch.........he has been with cowher to long, i bet he was talking to cowher on who to pick here..........this is so gay, i hope we just throw away our other picks cause this faggot looking te just ruined the whole draft
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    colbert is a biggity bitch.........he has been with cowher to long, i bet he was talking to cowher on who to pick here..........this is so gay, i hope we just throw away our other picks cause this faggot looking te just ruined the whole draft
    This Is that ******* Bruce Arians Doing, I'll bet ya.
    The Browns ran his *** out of Cleveland, Now he's OC here and he Going to F*ck our team up also.
    Anyone here that has any faith in this ******** Arians is in for one rude F*ck'n awakening.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    ?????????????????

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    He is big, tall and fast. He can block; he is an outstanding, prototypical tight end. At 6'7", he can help stretch the field and he can also handle the point of attack. He gives us good flexibility to take Heath (Miller) and move him around a lot more. Also, I am a three tight-end guy. Jerame Tuman has played extremely well for us the last couple years. I like having three tight ends on the field a lot of times. It gives us a good personnel group, with two tight ends that can stretch the field and all three guys can block the point of attack. He is a very solid guy.
    Is he more of a wide receiver than tight end?
    No, he is pure tight end. He is very similar to Heath. He can stretch the field. I would have to go back and look at it, but I can throw a number out there, maybe a 4.7 or 4.82.

Weaknesses:
    Average athleticism...Lacks the timed speed and quickness you prefer...Not a big play threat and won't stretch the field vertically...Doesn't provide much after the catch...Needs to play with more consistent leverage as a blocker...Had his college career cut short by injury and it is unclear how healthy he'll be prior to the draft.
    Come on, How contradicting does this sound.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

House of Steel
    I am starting to warm up to all three picks, so I am going to give them all a chance before judging the outcome of the draft. They think they got a steal, so we will wait and see on that opinion.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    Come on, How contradicting does this sound.
    That's what Ive been saying too. Every scouting report shows Spaeth as a blocker and an average WR at best, yet Arians is trying to tell us he's a prototypical TE and that we've addressed our pass catching needs with him now ???

House of Steel
    I am doing a lot of this now There is mixed reaction from everyone in here about this pick. Capt, got a point. Arians was a joke in Cleveland. I don't know about this.

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Everyone, when in Cleveland, has been a joke. I'm gonna give this a chance before I jump the gun and and call this a bad pick.

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSal View Post
    Everyone, when in Cleveland, has been a joke. I'm gonna give this a chance before I jump the gun and and call this a bad pick.
    Good sound advice, Sal

If the Steelers think we need a third tight end and they plan on using three tight ends then I think this was a good pick.

Don't put too much stock in these "draft sites" scouting reports... it's not branded on the player for life. Watch him play and form your own opinion. What does whoever wrote the bio consider is "stretching the field"?... like Ted Ginn stretching the field? He obviously can't do that... but can he get off the line and run up the seem then look back and catch the ball?... yes. Can he get off the line and settle down in a zone in the middle of the field?... yes. I've seen him play and he killed Penn State last year on third downs... prolly 7 catches 100 yards and a TD. He had a lot of good games last year.

Thread Information