Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Steelers 2nd Round Pick -2007 - LaMarr Woodley DE Michigan

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    oh wow, holmes fumbled on special team.....who cares, if we had a good coach last year holmes wouldn't have been playing special teams, so that wasn't his fault, holmes produced on offense and that's what he was drafted for, and he was the right pick there........... mangold did great last year, but he wasn't needed since we had just resigned chuk wun........ and kalil is a pussy, he was not a beast at usc, no one was, they are all pussies there, and kalil will not be that great in the nfl cause he's a pussy, he might have been concidered a beast there but it probably isn't saying much cause well he played in the wac 10 and there just a bunch of soft linemen there...........
    Koop can you offer something substantial than other a hyper-rambling of personal opinion that Kalil is a Pussy??

Sure the Steelers signed Okobi last year but they were also stupid for passing up on Mangold who was regarded as one of the best Centers to come out the draft in many years and who was already being penciled in as a starter and Pro Bowler for whatever team drafted him. Okobi has been with the Steelers for 7 years now and we still don't know how he'll play as a starter.
    I'll agree that Holmes should have never been returning punts and that experiment should have ended long before it did but to suggest that he would have been more of an upgrade over Mangold is sheer lunacy. Holmes started to shine towards the end of the season last year but when it's all said and done Mangold will be going to Hawaii many more times than Santonio will.

BTW-I'll bet you a case of beer Kalil makes the Pro-bowl before our second round pick Woodley does??

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    BTW-I'll bet you a case of beer Kalil makes the Pro-bowl before our second round pick Woodley does??
    Hey, Hey, Hey, Have a little faith in Woodley bro....I'll take that bet.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Hey, Hey, Hey, Have a little faith in Woodley bro....I'll take that bet.
    How about 24 of these instead??.......

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    How about 24 of these instead??.......
    Its a bet bro

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Tailgate Coordinator
    More on Woodley, written before the draft:

LaMarr Woodley, DE, Michigan

Woodley is one of a dozen NFL prospects we will be profiling leading up to the NFL Draft. Be sure to check back daily with NFLPLAYERS.COM for coverage on the remaining top players expected to make a big impact in the NFL next season.
    • Became the first Wolverine to win the Lombardi Award (top lineman) and the Ted Hendricks Award (top defensive lineman)
    • Named National Defensive Player of the Year in 2006 by Rivals.com
    • Recorded 177 tackles (129 solo) and ranks second in school history with 25 sacks
    • Caused 10 fumbles, recovering four of them

Having played for a school with a rich football history like Michigan, how do you foresee that preparing you for the NFL?When you're going to a school like Michigan, one thing is that they help you grow and become a man at the same time. It's more than just football; you have to learn how to be a student and you have to learn how to get along with everybody. They prepare you for everything out there.
    Talk about what it means to collect the postseason honors and awards that you did, and does that make you satisfied with what you've accomplished? Those were definitely some great honors, and I definitely had some high goals that I wanted to reach before I left Michigan. I just believe with the team that we had this year, I went out there and I had some success. But I have to give all that credit to my teammates-they allowed me to do some of the things that I did.
    Your three biggest strengths seem to be tackling, sacking the quarterback and causing/recovering fumbles. Which do you take the most pride in and which would you hope an NFL team notices the most?Forcing a fumble. When you get in there and you force a fumble and you recover it, that's giving the ball back to your offense. When you do that-get the sack, strip them and get the ball back-that's all good for the team.
    Some scouts label you a "tweener"-able to be a defensive end or linebacker at the next level. Do you take that as criticism or as a compliment? That's a compliment. You definitely want a guy who can play two positions instead of one. You can leave him in there on certain situations, and he can do it all. I'm also a guy who hates to come out of the game. If we play 60 snaps in a game, I probably played 55 of them. And the only reason I came out was probably because a coach took me out.
    As teams in the NFL experiment with 4-3 and 3-4 defenses, which system suits you best? I really can't say because when I had the opportunity to play linebacker, I adjusted to that pretty fast. Just playing defensive end for three years, you kind of get comfortable at doing that because that's mainly what you've been doing. But I think going back to linebacker definitely wouldn't be a problem at all. I'm definitely willing to deal with that.
    Is there any particular reason why you wear No. 56? Is that a tribute to anyone? In high school, I played varsity as a freshman. And when you're a freshman, you don't pick what jersey you wear; coach just throws you a number. So my high school coach just threw me No. 56, and I'm looking around like, "Who wears No. 56? I don't know anybody that wears it." But as I got older, I realized when I played outside linebacker that Lawrence Taylor wore it. So I had to keep the No. 56 going. Once I got it, I stuck with it for L.T.
    I hear that you're a laid-back type of guy. Do you think people might get the wrong idea when they think that you have that laid-back type of personality?No, they don't get the wrong idea because I'm really laid-back. If you check the film you'll see that I just get the job done on the field.
    What goes through your mind mentally when you're in that relaxed mode and how do you snap out of it to become that relentless player? It's kind of like when you go into a game situation, you don't want to be overhyped for it. Because sometimes you get overhyped for it, and you don't go out there and do what you're supposed to do. I just kind of relax, and when I just get on that field and get that first contact, it's like my mode just switches on. You can't be relaxed because the guy across from you is trying to knock you down, and you're trying to knock him down.
    So you think it's that first hit that really gets you going? Yeah, it's that first contact. When I'm out there in the pregame going against my own player, as soon as the pads hit one another, it's just like I'm ready to go right then and there.
    What is LaMarr Woodley like off the field? I'm a laid-back guy; I definitely like to have fun. I watch TV, and in my spare time I come back to my home city of Saginaw, Mich. and talk to the kids from my high school, and just try to influence people. I'm just a funny guy. I love to have fun, am willing to help others out and am a person of my word.
    Any particular stories that describe your sense of humor? I do all kinds of stuff-I play jokes on people, I might mess with you while you sleep-you never know what you're going to get out of me.
    What will be going through your mind when you get that call this weekend saying you've been chosen? Finally, I know where I'm going. Let me hurry up and get down to the city so I can get adjusted and start working out to get ready for the upcoming season. I'm already behind the guys that are already there, and I'm going to have to compete with those guys, so I've got to hurry up and get going.
    So that means you have no nerves at this point; you're just anxious to get it started? Yeah, I'm not nervous at all because I know what type of football player I am and when I get my opportunity to get in there and compete, I know what type of person I'm going to be.
    How has this entire process been for you so far? It's been a little crazy. You look at things and how people compare you-your 40-yard dash time, your height, what position you play-I think a lot of people forget about what type of football player you are. The 40s don't determine what type of football player you are. When you've got to go up and make contact with a guy, how physical are you going to be against the guy? It isn't how fast you're going to be, it's how physical can you be to deliver the blow? So that's been the most frustrating part-"LaMarr Woodley doesn't run as fast"-that really doesn't matter at the end of the day. It's what type of football player is LaMarr Woodley? Is he a guy that's been productive for years? You can check my stats and you'll see that.
    Why should an NFL team draft you? Because I'm going to go out there, and I'm going to get the job done. I'm a guy who can play outside linebacker and defensive end, and I'm a playmaker. If you go back and look at my stats, every year I have improved as a player in every category. That's one thing that you have to go back and look at. The team that gets me is going to get a good guy.

http://www.nflplayers.com/Draft/what...LaMarr_Woodley

I'm A "Champion"

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm also a guy who hates to come out of the game. If we play 60 snaps in a game, I probably played 55 of them. And the only reason I came out was probably because a coach took me out.
    Because I'm going to go out there, and I'm going to get the job done. I'm a guy who can play outside linebacker and defensive end, and I'm a playmaker. If you go back and look at my stats, every year I have improved as a player in every category. That's one thing that you have to go back and look at. The team that gets me is going to get a good guy.
    Good post!! Sounds like he's got his **** together and is ready to play some Pittsburgh football!!!

--Jack Lambert

--Joe Greene

yeah um, i love this guy....he says everything right and i like him more every day

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    damn, i really like woodley lol, he says all the right things, and i like that last part about the 40 time, who gives a **** about that, i can't wait to see him out on the field, damn tomlin had a badass draft........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

i cant wait to see him get some playing time, he sounds like such a badass that just wants to go out there and make plays....i ****ing love that lol

Thread Information