Thread: Article: Steelers in danger of only third winless preseason in 41 years

Bookmark and Share

Post Article: Steelers in danger of only third winless preseason in 41 years

If the Steelers do lose for a fourth time this Thursday against the Panthers... it's really not going to be a big deal! Like this author said the Colts started 0-5 in preseason last year and look what they did... Take it for what's it worth, there were some intersting facts in the article though.

I'm not going to start sweating an 0-4 preseason (if it happens), I try and look at how the players, especially the rookies, are performing in certain situations

Source: centreldaily.com

Quote Originally Posted by centredaily.com
    ALAN ROBINSON
    Associated Press

PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers have had only two winless exhibition seasons since 1965, and none under coach Bill Cowher. They are in danger of having their third, not that anyone seems worried.

Cowher, for obvious reasons, is much more concerned about the Steelers' opener against Miami a week from Thursday than he is their final preseason game Thursday against Carolina. That's why quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and some other starters may not even get off the bench this week for the defending Super Bowl champions.

Roethlisberger has played only four series in three games, mostly to get reacquainted with playing at game speed and to develop timing with his receivers. If he plays against the Panthers, it likely will be only one series and no more.

Cowher generally doesn't play his starters much in the final exhibition game, even when the Steelers had nine to 10 days between the final exhibition game and the season opener. With only a week between games, Cowher is even more reluctant to put them on the field.

...[the rest of the article can be found in the link above]
    If the Steelers do lose for a fourth time this Thursday against the Panthers... it's really not going to be a big deal! Like this author said the Colts started 0-5 in preseason last year and look what they did... Take it for what's it worth, there were some intersting facts in the article though.

I'm not going to start sweating an 0-4 preseason (if it happens), I try and look at how the players, especially the rookies, are performing in certain situations
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 08-29-2006 at 05:21 PM.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I don't care about record in preseason, maybe if we're winning/losing after the starters leave but thats it. You can't judge a team when their 3rd and 4th QB's (Boyd and Jacobs) are horrendous and really havent done anything good.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Addicted
    In my opinion preseason record has no effect on the regular season record. That being said I am not worried.

Everybody Panic!!!!

Just kidding

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yep, no worries here..the starters have done some good things and some of the young guys have shown some promise..

** just get us out of this last preseason game healthy **

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    The colts went 0-4 in the preseason last year than they won 13 games in a row

Thread Information