Thread: Article: The Pittsburgh Steelers Will Not Repeat In 2006

Bookmark and Share

Article: The Pittsburgh Steelers Will Not Repeat In 2006

I had to specify that this was an article and by no means my personal opinion

SOURCE: sportmemo.com

I have no idea what this guys credentials are, but he obviously doesn't follow football that much. Here are some of his "reasons" why the Steelers won't repeat:

Schedule Analysis: The Steelers start off their season with three tough contests. With two home games against Miami and Cincinnati along with a road game against Jacksonville, the Steelers could struggle out of the gate to a 1-2 record headed into the bye week. After the bye week, the Steelers schedule is brutal with three out of their next four games on the road. The Steelers then come home to face Denver and New Orleans. With games at Cleveland and at Baltimore in back-to-back weeks, the Steelers will try to stay above .500 heading into the home stretch of their season. Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Carolina, Baltimore and Cincinnati close out the schedule. That stretch will make or break this Steelers team and impact their playoff hopes. With the ultra-competitive AFC, the Steelers will finish with a 9-7 record.

Quality of Team: The Pittsburgh Steelers have lost a couple of significant people off of their championship team including Chris Hope, Kimo von Oelhoffen and Antwaan Randle-El. While the team drafted well, rookies will not take the place of Randle-El or Hope. The Steelers will struggle to find replacements for each of these two players...
    For starters Kimo, is almost 50 years old he hasn't heard of Kiesel! I won't even discuss the Randle El because we all have pretty much beat that one to death. His article seems to be full of a lot fluff and just really thinks the schedule and the loss of a couple of players is the reason.

He did compare Big Ben to Wonder Boy Brady though, by saying:
    Roethlisberger is slowly turning into a Tom Brady-like quarterback. He is 28-4 including playoff games in his two years as the Steelers starting quarterback.
    This comment alone could be in a thread of its own, but I feel Ben has moved pasted Brady, maybe by not all standards (ie Super Bowl Rings) but for the most part. Brady wouldn't be where he is today if it wasn't for his kicker!

Enjoy the article for what it's worth!

This guy sounds like a frustrated Pats fan, projecting his own teams woes onto ours. Some of the statements made are ridiculous...he actually claims that Tommy Maddox was a "key subtraction". We own Cinci, by week 2, Fred Taylor will probably be on the PUP, Greg Jones is already out for the year, and Jax will be starting their 3rd string RB, Miami is the best team in the AFC East, but it's still the weakest division in the AFC. Anyone picking the Steelers to win less than 11 games this year is smoking crack...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This guy needs to pass the crack pipe cuz he's got some good stuff there. Tommy Maddox was a key subtraction alright, he subtracted wins from us when he played.

After what we did last year winning out in December and then going on the road thru the entire playoffs and winning the SB...we can do anything we put our minds too.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    He basically listed every game on our schedule and said it was going to be hard. Not quite the analysis that I am going to buy into.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

The more I read it the more I feel like he is writing the article from a betters perspective ???? I've never heard of this guy... he probably runs a Dolphins or Carolina message board...

My Mood
    Addicted
    This guy is an idiot! And I agree with you AZ. It is from a gambling related site and I get that feeling from the article.

House of Steel
    WOOF!!! Who the hell this guy think he is? That is the worthless piece of journalism I ever read. 27-4 and not 28-4 idiot. MAN!! Well, if you look at it that way, I guess Ben would be 28-4 after Next Thursday. We are going to steamroll those cornholio square dancing loving Pussycats real easy. Jacksonville LMAO, we will steamroll them too. This guys has no idea how explosive our offense is going to get this season. He better wish he eat some crow before someone founds out who he really is and beat him to a bloody pulp. What an idiot!

Thread Information