Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can these teams mess up again

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Can these teams mess up again

With the exception of injurys can Oakland/Detriot/Cleveland/Tampa/Arizona mess up these picks like they have done in the past years. Now we all seen what happened last year and all I have to say to that is DOOH! . Can and will these teams mess up there draft once again.

In my opinion no. Your looking at the best 5 guys comming out into football and unless they take some other guy not named Johnson/Quinn/Russel/Thomas/Peterson they will be fine.

Now you may ask myself why i posted and answered my own question, but I just wanted to see what everyone thought.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    It all depends on who they draft and what they do with them. If the Raiders pick Johnson, who will throw him the ball? If they pick Russell, they got OL issues. If Mc****itup in Detroit had not picked a receiver as #1 the past few years where would the Lions be today? IMO all these teams you mention all have plenty of issues that won't be solved with their #1 pick let alone in the 2007 draft. They will find a couple of pieces but its like a work of art, it starts as a lump of clay and slowly molded. These guys are still lumps, even after years of trying.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime83 View Post
    With the exception of injurys can Oakland/Detriot/Cleveland/Tampa/Arizona mess up these picks like they have done in the past years. Now we all seen what happened last year and all I have to say to that is DOOH! . Can and will these teams mess up there draft once again.

Yes Oakland/Detroit/Cleveland can and will screw it up again. Come on it is the clowns.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    Yes Oakland/Detroit/Cleveland can and will screw it up again. Come on it is the clowns.

I was thinking the same thing , but the team I think that screwed up more #1 picks than any other team would still be the bungals

Rookie Free Agent
    I dont believe Quinn will be anything in the pro's . He never could win a big game in college and dont expect that to change in the pro's . I was watching espn and they were talking if Trent went to the dolphins the raiders would go hard charging for Daunte .

House of Steel
    Daunte is a HAS BEEN. He hasn't been right since that damn Madden Cover.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    It all depends on who they draft and what they do with them. If the Raiders pick Johnson, who will throw him the ball? If they pick Russell, they got OL issues. If Mc****itup in Detroit had not picked a receiver as #1 the past few years where would the Lions be today? IMO all these teams you mention all have plenty of issues that won't be solved with their #1 pick let alone in the 2007 draft. They will find a couple of pieces but its like a work of art, it starts as a lump of clay and slowly molded. These guys are still lumps, even after years of trying.
    All those teams have been picking near the top of the draft for quite awhile now and yet year after year they still suck. These teams should seriously consider trading down and getting more picks to maximize the chances of landing more stars for the team.

With Whiz now in Arizona, hopefully he learned something while with the Steelers and can help the Cardinals out. Right now the Cardinals are projected to take Thomas (tackle) I think they should stick with that and hopefully Whiz will tell the FO that's the direction they need to go. Right off hand I can see the Cardinals getting better.

However, Detroit... how many first rounds have they messed up the last 5 years or so? If they draft another WR I will probably fall off my chair and bust a gut laughing so hard! The first several picks of the draft is all super stars so hopefully these teams don't drop the ball this time around.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If Whis is smart he knows that you build a team through the draft, not FA. Taking young players in the draft molds your team into what you want, while FA mainly fill holes till younger guys can step up. There's a place for top notch FA's to help teams, and everybody can use them but you can't build a team around them.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Detroit can blow it for sure.

Thread Information