Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gut Feeling

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Gut Feeling

My gut feeling is the steelers will stay where they are and select Adam Carriker or Patrick Willis. I have no problems with these picks and I do think they will be great additions to our team, but I feel we will not be able to get Spencer/Blaylock in the 2nd. Also at the 46th spot Hunt is a reach and I believe we will pass on him to get Arron Sears who I feel is an average tackle. Now maybe the move to guard, which i think will happen if we select Sears, would benifit him and he could be a solid guy on the line for time to come, but I would like Blaylock much more.

Therefor I do hope a trade happens for Faneca. The 7 time straight pro-bowl OG should be worth at least a 1st and I could see a team like huston who is in need of any linemen to make a deal. Now from here the possabilities are endless depending on what we get, but I see at least a 1st and 3rd. From there we could get a Blaylock or a Spencer from the extra picks. BUT heres the main thing this would have to happen before draft day in my opinion. The Steelers would have to have time to unload that 10th pick.

But my gut feeling says Faneca will play for us this year and leave us next year for AZ and we will have missed out on a great replacement. I hope Tomlin comes to the draft ready to make some deals unlike play it safe cower. Although i have to give him credit for Troy Polamalu, but even there we could have got LJ. just my

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime83 View Post
    My gut feeling is the steelers will stay where they are and select Adam Carriker or Patrick Willis. I have no problems with these picks and I do think they will be great additions to our team, but I feel we will not be able to get Spencer/Blaylock in the 2nd. Also at the 46th spot Hunt is a reach and I believe we will pass on him to get Arron Sears who I feel is an average tackle. Now maybe the move to guard, which i think will happen if we select Sears, would benifit him and he could be a solid guy on the line for time to come, but I would like Blaylock much more.

Therefor I do hope a trade happens for Faneca. The 7 time straight pro-bowl OG should be worth at least a 1st and I could see a team like huston who is in need of any linemen to make a deal. Now from here the possabilities are endless depending on what we get, but I see at least a 1st and 3rd. From there we could get a Blaylock or a Spencer from the extra picks. BUT heres the main thing this would have to happen before draft day in my opinion. The Steelers would have to have time to unload that 10th pick.

But my gut feeling says Faneca will play for us this year and leave us next year for AZ and we will have missed out on a great replacement. I hope Tomlin comes to the draft ready to make some deals unlike play it safe cower. Although i have to give him credit for Troy Polamalu, but even there we could have got LJ. just my
    I agree w/ alot of what you said... I just dont see the need for carriker, were staying w/ a 3-4 and if thats the case i dont see us drafting a 2nd string DE w/ the first pick. I think if we stay at 15 were taking Poz (my-pick) Timmons(smart pick), or Revis (maybe the best player available) much as i hate us taking a corner b4 we fill the need at LB and RB Reevis will be a beast, but at the same time he's a "Quip-star" (aliquippa, PA) who knows what happens w/ these kids, they're cocky and wanna be hood-stars!!! The best case senario is he winds up like Ty Law, has a great career using his god given ability, and leaves us in his first or second contract year cause we cant pay him what he will command! Look at Ty Law, same highschool, i for-see the same outcome... only NE threw some cash at him, and kept him around through out his prime, cause they relized his talent. If you ever watched or went to a PIT/NE game at Three Rivers Stadium you would see a SEA of 200+ Ty Law Jerseys of Aliquippa Natives cheering him on. Yet he never would part w/ the extra 3 million to come play at home...

I look for us to make movement in the 2nd depending on who is available (Jarrett, Bowe or a solid OL) I like a RB in the 3rd or 4th regardless of what we take in the 2nd hopefully Bush or Hunt in that order, or Smith or Gonzales if we havent taken a WR yet.

I think its prime time to trade Alan, get something big out of him. AZ and Hou. are prime candidates, along w/ pos. ATL. But i really dont see that happening unless he (in the next 24hrs) goes public and demands it!! He will basically do the same thing Peezy did, leave at the end of his contract year to sign for 2X as much as we offer him to play for a team to be lucky to go .500!! Good for you alan, DICK!!!

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Faneca is already planning an exit stragety ASAP. I would expect us to move out of 15th. Thinking 19-21.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Draft Pick
    Steel City are u crazy? While I too agree with most of the things u said , Carriker or Willis are the BPA. Seems like no one on these forms wants to give carriker the credit he deserves. He has the best hand use of any of the top de's comming out. Also he is compared to Aaron Smith and i see nothing wrong with 2 Aaron Smiths

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    Faneca is already planning an exit stragety ASAP. I would expect us to move out of 15th. Thinking 19-21.
    I wouldn't mind moving down to that area, we could snag Spencer there and it immediately becomes a more viable option at that spot to take them, than at 15 as many think he could be had later in round 1.

listen, im not gonna lie i stopped reading this thread as soon as i saw

stay where they are and select Adam Carriker

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    listen, im not gonna lie i stopped reading this thread as soon as i saw
    Hey i know Carriker is a beast but 2 things.
    1). just resigned keisel in the last 2 years if remember correctly, he didnt have a GREAT year but he was a first year starter and to be honest DE's arent asked to have HUGE numbers in the 3-4 just be solid and stalemate the T's to free up LB's to make plays. In that case, we have a HUGE whole behind whomever is gonna start and DE w/ the abscences of Peezy!!! We need a linebacker, the only way i forsee us taking anything else in the first is if Tomlin, wants to draft Reevis because he might be the best player on the board. I personally think Timmons is the best choice at 15, and Spencer (contrary to popular belief) would NOT be a stretch if we traded to the mid 20's and drafted him. I know i have said if we draft a Corner is would cry, but at this point i would rather see Reevis than Carriker cause atleast we would be bolstering the weekpoint of our D as of the last 3 years and adding to the return game!!!
    2). I think alot of so-called "experts" believe that we are eventually either this season or next going to move towards the 4-3 in which case i think Carriker or Poz would be a bonefied 1st round pick this year. But its been said that we arent going to try to remodel this team, we are a 3-4 team and we are going to stay that way. I think you are listening to these guys on ESPN and other media types who think no matter what Tomlin says, he WILL be changing to a 4-3. Coach has since laughed at these reports saying, he likes the make up of this team and the way they make plays. He wants to play towards our strengths and that is the 3-4. If we draft carriker he will most likely replace or spell Keisel, in either case that isnt worthy of a #15 draft pick IMHO!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I wouldn't mind moving down to that area, we could snag Spencer there and it immediately becomes a more viable option at that spot to take them, than at 15 as many think he could be had later in round 1.
    On that other Steelers site that most of us here at SA used to posted they had an article saying that Spencer was the first choice on the Steelers value list. So Anthony Spencer very well could be a Pittsburgh Steeler. I still like trading down and drafting Spencer. It would be nice to land an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick.

what about Jon Beason he's really good

Beason would be and option if we traded down and someone snagged spencer before us, they would have to have atleast 2 backups ready incase something like that would happen!!!

Thread Information