Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: awsome

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    FAYETTEVILLE AR
    Posts
    959
    What hapened to the big boy we picked last year Khun or whatever his name was seems he did ok the few times he got a chance

  2. #22
    SA's Biggest Fan
    SteelersWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,899
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Depth/change of pace...either/or, we can use it.

  3. #23
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    180
    @Dieselman - I have a opinion thats all I just dont blindly eat and swallow what Steelers do just because im a Steelers fan, I dont believe he was the best man for the job and he hasnt done anything to prove otherwise untill he starts doing some thing I like Im going to be in that catergory if you guys like that idea or not

    @ Everyone else who is basicly calling me a moron because I dont believe our #3 need is RB , I never once said that we shouldnt take a RB in the draft , I have a opinion if we're going to use 4 wr sets like Bruce Arians wants to do a #3 need is WR , We have Ward , Holmes , Washington and then Wilson I am a confirmed hater of him and believe we should cut him and seeing im on the defense I never thought sign Najeh was a good idea either. There is no need to waste a draft pick before the the biggest 3 needs are filled because Willie can do it.

  4. #24
    SA's Bouncer
    DIESELMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brandenburg, Ky.
    Posts
    7,492
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    @Dieselman - I have a opinion thats all I just dont blindly eat and swallow what Steelers do just because im a Steelers fan, I dont believe he was the best man for the job and he hasnt done anything to prove otherwise untill he starts doing some thing I like Im going to be in that catergory if you guys like that idea or not
    Your right man, everybody has a right to their opinion, I got no beef with that. You say he hasn't done anything to prove hes the man for the job? Likewise he hasn't done anything yet to prove hes a tool. It does go both ways right? or just the way you want it to to justify calling him a "tool"?


    If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!


    "Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

    "They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

  5. #25
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Your right man, everybody has a right to their opinion, I got no beef with that. You say he hasn't done anything to prove hes the man for the job? Likewise he hasn't done anything yet to prove hes a tool. It does go both ways right? or just the way you want it to to justify calling him a "tool"?



    You can't reason with a "hater". If Tomlin goes on to win multiple Super Bowls as our coach people will say, "well, most of the team was in place when he got there so he had nothing to do with it." You won't convince a hater otherwise, they will fabricate reasons to hate and will be more slippery than an eel if you try to pin them down for one. Every move the team makes will be scrutinized by arm chair quarterbacks that will never be privy to or see things from the "big picture" that the Rooney's or Kevin Colbert do. IMO to be so critical of moves the ownership has made (before the fruits of those moves have even had a chance to be tasted) is displaying a complete lack of trust or respect for the ownership and management. You are saying that the Rooney's are idiots and you know better than they do what is best for the team........yeah right. I for one am glad you are not making the decisions! The Rooney's are hailed around the league for making pretty wise football decisions.......and those are opinions from our competitors. You might want to show just a little trust and respect for the family that loves the city of Pittsburgh and has managed to make our team one of the best franchises in sports history. If you could just show a fraction of the loyalty that the Rooney's have had for the city of Pittsburgh. Do you know that the population of the city is less than half of what it was in the 70's? No doubt the Rooney's could have easily pulled an Art Modell and moved the franchise somewhere else but they didn't. Because they have some loyalty to the city and to it's fans, you should show them a little respect.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  6. #26
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i still believe willie hasn't proven he can handle it, sure you look at his stats and see yeah it looks like he can, but he struggles against any defense that is legit or on the road

    we need a big back that can pound (and no, dookie is not a pounder, he's just a fat willie parker)

    we'd benefit so much more letting willie share the ball, he's still gonna get his yards, he probably won't get as many td's but who cares who gets them, just as long as we are getting them...........
    Willie has alot to prove just like everyone else. He's the man for our team, he's the starter, he's earned the right to be in incumbent guy for us. We need to fight though as if he's a rookie and trying to win the job. He needs to have the mindset like everybody else does, and that's that we are trying to win a championship. It doesn't matter what you did last year, or even last week. We need him to be productive, along with all of our backs.

    Willie's struggles can be attributed alot to the OL that never blocked for him last year. The OL, Willie, WR's, Ben, everybody was at fault for a subpar year and they all need to step up. If we get the OL fixed it will go a long way to everything else coming together.

  7. #27
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Willie has alot to prove just like everyone else. He's the man for our team, he's the starter, he's earned the right to be in incumbent guy for us. We need to fight though as if he's a rookie and trying to win the job. He needs to have the mindset like everybody else does, and that's that we are trying to win a championship. It doesn't matter what you did last year, or even last week. We need him to be productive, along with all of our backs.

    Willie's struggles can be attributed alot to the OL that never blocked for him last year. The OL, Willie, WR's, Ben, everybody was at fault for a subpar year and they all need to step up. If we get the OL fixed it will go a long way to everything else coming together.
    he struggled against legit defenses in 05 too, hell if it wasn't for a 75 yard dash in the superbowl, he would've yet again sucked it up against a legit defense


    and ppl, don't take this as i don't like willie, he is one of my favorite players...... and i'm not saying he shouldn't be our starter......... i'm just saying, he hasn't proven anything, he racks up all his yards against the **** teams...........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  8. #28
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    @Dieselman - I have a opinion thats all I just dont blindly eat and swallow what Steelers do just because im a Steelers fan, I dont believe he was the best man for the job and he hasnt done anything to prove otherwise untill he starts doing some thing I like Im going to be in that catergory if you guys like that idea or not

    what has any of our other candidates proved though??? grimm has been nothing more then a position coach, and gets passed over for rookie head coaches that have coached under dungy........ whiz, what has he proven??? that he can call plays yeah, but he hasn't proven anything as a head coach.......... and rivera hasn't proven anything............so your argument isn't very valid, because known of the guys that had a legit shot at being our new head coach hadn't proven a damn thing...................... whiz will flop, grimm will never get a chance cause he's just a beer drinking slob......... and tomlin will be here for a long times, maybe not winning superbowls, but we'll be in contention, just about every year..........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  9. #29
    Waterboy WeRideinCOx5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    25
    I believe we'll pick up a BIG back as well which is needed for that 1-2 punch that the BUS provided the running game.

  10. #30
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    he struggled against legit defenses in 05 too, hell if it wasn't for a 75 yard dash in the superbowl, he would've yet again sucked it up against a legit defense


    and ppl, don't take this as i don't like willie, he is one of my favorite players...... and i'm not saying he shouldn't be our starter......... i'm just saying, he hasn't proven anything, he racks up all his yards against the **** teams...........
    He's far from perfect, he's got a lot to learn about reading defense, picking the right holes to run through every time, how to handle the ball in traffic, etc. He is getting better though and he's come a long way. I have all the faith in the world in him that he can do it, he just needs to apply himself and get the OL going and he'll be fine.

    In 2005 He was basically a rookie and didn't know how to be an effective runner, he basically just ran away from everyone. In 2006 the OL sucked but you could see he was making good strides, now in 2007 it's time to put it all together.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Buffalo Bills Poem
    By SteelersGirlTN7 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 03:30 PM
  2. Awsome site glad to be part of it...
    By Steelkidd72 in forum New Addicts
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 08:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •