Thread: NFLN briefly mentions Mike Webster

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Amazed

Wink NFLN briefly mentions Mike Webster

Did anyone else catch the "10 best draft classes of all time" last night on the NFL network. It was great to see our 74 Steelers right there at the top, with nobody else even coming close. My only disagreement with it is that they barely mentioned Webster, only in passing once or twice, while they talked at length about Swann, Lambert and Stallworth; a conspiracy theorist would think that the NFL is holding a grudge against the Webster family for their legal action against the league.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    The 74 draft started our climb to glory. Bradshaw, Greene and Harris were already there, then in come these guys!! I heard somewhere, that Lambert walked up to Swann in the locker room and told him that Swann should've been #2 and he should've been the #1 pick. Thats Lambert for ya...

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    The 74 draft started our climb to glory. Bradshaw, Greene and Harris were already there, then in come these guys!! I heard somewhere, that Lambert walked up to Swann in the locker room and told him that Swann should've been #2 and he should've been the #1 pick. Thats Lambert for ya...
    Yeah that was America's Game Funny Stuff!

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    a conspiracy theorist would think that the NFL is holding a grudge against the Webster family for their legal action against the league.
    I saw the program and I don't think it was a grudge thing, I think it was a highlights and action thing.
    Webster was one of the best Centers to ever play and us Steeler fans could watch film all day of Webby pulling and plowing over defenders but I think NFLN saw it different that WR's and LBers makes better eye candy to the general public.
    Lineman need to get more credit. Whenever a RB makes a great run he gets all the credit and the media never credits the guys in the trenches that break fingers, get punched and kicked and piled on to make the great runs possible.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's been run a few times now already, I saw it at work about a week ago. That 74 team was just amazing !

It's all interesting to see how many draft picks a team used to get back then as well, and how many rounds there were.

http://www.databasefootball.com/team...lg=nfl&yr=1974

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSal View Post
    I saw the program and I don't think it was a grudge thing, I think it was a highlights and action thing.
    Webster was one of the best Centers to ever play and us Steeler fans could watch film all day of Webby pulling and plowing over defenders but I think NFLN saw it different that WR's and LBers makes better eye candy to the general public.
    Lineman need to get more credit. Whenever a RB makes a great run he gets all the credit and the media never credits the guys in the trenches that break fingers, get punched and kicked and piled on to make the great runs possible.

I seen the show and I think this is right centers are not the most cool thing to watch

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL View Post
    I seen the show and I think this is right centers are not the most cool thing to watch
    Center is the greatest position in the history of the world.....!!

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    Center is the greatest position in the history of the world.....!!

If you say so!!!! Just saying most folks watch the RB run by with the ball and dont care if the Center is killing LB on a pull or not

Thread Information