Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Ben

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's all up to Ben, I think he's got to believe in himself that's the biggest thing. If he doesn't get over the bad year of last year then he will struggle. We will go as far as Ben goes. He's our leader, we wouldn't have won the SB without him, we all know that.

Yes it is very possible that he will struggle this year, it's squarely on his shoulders to put in the work, keep his attitude up, his head clear and focus while making sure he doesn't lose sight of the fact of having fun !

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    Woah, buddy don't question Big Ben here, you will get crucified.

I agree with you though, he still has a lot to prove before I label him the next Terry Bradshaw.

Ain't nobody getting crucified for thinking Ben could have a bad year, or atleast only average best...see my previous post.

Ben has had more success early on than any other QB in history, now it's time to focus and put in the work because if he doesn't he'll be just another average young QB struggling to find himself again.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    With a new coaching staff who will make the playbook simpler (he still has to learn new terms) Ben should be fine. Last year was a growing year for him, with all the problems and adversity, he never gave up, he still came out and played. I think he learned a big lesson and will make the best of it this season.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Everyone seems to want to blame Ben for last year...but the whole team started out horribly but everyone wants to forget that....yes, including our offensive line. Look at the "wonderful Peyton Manning" and what happened to him when the Steelers had him running for his life in the playoffs 2 yrs. ago...he couldn't do anything and put all of the blame on his offensive line!!! The positive side is the team came together in the end and finished the season 6-2...and I think that is a big plus. Ben will be fine!!! He is getting a fresh start with new coaches and I have complete confindence that he will prove all of his doubters wrong!
    Last edited by BBG7; 04-24-2007 at 02:17 AM.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    I think Ben will do fine this year as long as he dont get sick or play bumper cars.. With a more simple play book and a O-line that dont play like they are out of shape He will do well

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoWard View Post
    come on here guys he was the youngest qb to ever win a superbowl then he got into a accident that nearly killed him. i give the guy all the credit in the world for even playing last year with all the stuff that he went through!!! i have no worries and all the faith in ben that he will be just as he was two years ago when he won the superbowl!!!
    i agree with psycho up here. and stillers, its not everyone we crucify for bashing big ben, just you.
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Early indications are that Ben is going to have a very good year. If he continues to put in the work this offseason ,and stays healthy there's no reason he won't come out this Sept and play like the Ben we're used to seeing

Thread Information