Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jersey's that need to be retired

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Jersey's that need to be retired

IMO there are a few jersey numbers that need to be retired and not worn anymore. One of them high on my list is number 26. I personally do not think there is anyone that can come close to being as good as Rod Woodson was, and even though I like him, DeShea Townsend is not worthy of wearing Woodson's number

If Woodson would have finished his career in Pittsburgh or won a Superbowl here I think his jersey would be retired.

Quote Originally Posted by okiesteeler View Post
    IMO there are a few jersey numbers that need to be retired and not worn anymore. One of them high on my list is number 26. I personally do not think there is anyone that can come close to being as good as Rod Woodson was, and even though I like him, DeShea Townsend is not worthy of wearing Woodson's number
    Not really a big believer in retiring numbers
    Only one for me would be #58,,,,,,,No-one wears that # anyways
    Relax dude,it's just a number

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

The Steelers do not officially retire #s and it may be beause of free agency and few stay with the same team their whole career
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    The Steelers do not officially retire #s and it may be beause of free agency and few stay with the same team their whole career
    Very true, we don't officially retire numbers. There are several numbers that will never be handed out again though such as 12, 32, 58, 52, etc. If we didn't need 88 and 82 every year they wouldnt be handed out either.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Very true, we don't officially retire numbers. There are several numbers that will never be handed out again though such as 12, 32, 58, 52, etc. If we didn't need 88 and 82 every year they wouldnt be handed out either.
    I don't think 36 should be handed out again.Nobody can wear 36 like Bus did.

Woodson would have finished his career in Pittsburgh, but the Steelers thought that his best days were behind him, after his injury. He went on to show that he was still as good a player after rehab as before. Sure he lost a step or two, but he was still one of the best in the league. I hate that he had to go to the Ratbirds to get his superbowl victory.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by okiesteeler View Post
    I like the way the Raiders do it, they don't retire numbers They want the memory of those players left on the field in the form of their numbers, not a banner hanging in the team shop or elsewhere. I would love to see 12, 32, 52, 58, 59......etc, on the football field. IMO

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    There is only 1 number that needs to be retired in Pittsburgh ... and it's not because we want to pay tribute to the man or remember him for his accomplishments. It would be because we want to forget him .... thus nobody would be allowed to wear the number or speak his name ever again essentially wiping him out of Steeler history forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    There is only 1 number that needs to be retired in Pittsburgh ... and it's not because we want to pay tribute to the man or remember him for his accomplishments. It would be because we want to forget him .... thus nobody would be allowed to wear the number or speak his name ever again essentially wiping him out of Steeler history forever.

Thread Information