Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smizik: Could Steelers be headed for a losing season?

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

A friendly bet?

I am so sure that you are dead wrong with your predictions Stillers#1 that I will bet you every penny of SA gold that I have that we will make the playoffs. The day we are mathematically eliminated I will transfer every cent of SA Gold that I have over to you. And when we have made the playoffs I would expect you to transfer an amount equal to what I have at stake into my bank (since you have considerably more $$). Sound fair? Regardless of what my account holds at that time you don't stand to lose anymore than you could gain. Guess I'm challenging you to put your money where your mouth is.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Not expecting 13-3 and would never make a statement like that. However, a 10-6 or even an 11-5 season are not out of the realm of possibility. Not sure how you could look at this seasons schedule and think that we're lucky to win 7 games. Worrying about two seasons from now is like worrying about global warming.....ridiculous. I'm sure I could find people who hate our team who have higher expectations for us than you do.
    Yeesh, now I'm a bad fan b/c I don't think 7-9 is out of the question? Would you have realy thought we would have been 8-8 last year? I know I wouldn't have, I thought we had a serious shot at defending the title.

My expectations for our team are high every year, however I try to remain based in reality, a 10 or 11 win season isn't out of the question at all. However, unless we run the table in our first 5 games, it probably won't happen. We have quite a few rough road games in the second half of the season, not to mention a Seattle team that hasn't changed much since the SB, and wants nothing more than to beat us in our own house. Oh and in the NFL, any team is lucky to win 7 games. A few calls go bad, a muffed punt, a 4 INT game by our QB, and 7-9 is a possibility. We could have been 11-5 last year pretty easily, but we weren't.

I am so sure that you are dead wrong with your predictions Stillers#1 that I will bet you every penny of SA gold that I have that we will make the playoffs. The day we are mathematically eliminated I will transfer every cent of SA Gold that I have over to you. And when we have made the playoffs I would expect you to transfer an amount equal to what I have at stake into my bank (since you have considerably more $$). Sound fair? Regardless of what my account holds at that time you don't stand to lose anymore than you could gain. Guess I'm challenging you to put your money where your mouth is.
    Now you are asking me to bet against the Steelers? Talk about a conflict in interest, there is a reason I don't ever bet on Steelers games, or season's with real money. It would make zero sense for me to bet against my favorite team, jsut so I can say I told you so. I would much rather you be right in this case, as opposed to me being right.
    Last edited by TEEMONT; 04-22-2007 at 01:44 PM.

Reppin' 724
    I don't know what he said, but I'm sure I didn't miss much by having him on ignore.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    Now you are asking me to bet against the Steelers? Talk about a conflict in interest, there is a reason I don't ever bet on Steelers games, or season's with real money. It would make zero sense for me to bet against my favorite team, jsut so I can say I told you so. I would much rather you be right in this case, as opposed to me being right.
    It's not real money. I bet you whatever I have in SA Gold at the time our team either makes it or is eliminated. I don't want to debate with anyone whether they are a fan or not. I just find your views of the Steelers pessimistic......not realistic. A team only a year removed from a championship with a QB who had a near death experience should be given a pass on a bad season. Apparently you are not as confident about our teams demise as I am about our success!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Reppin' 724
    It's not real money. I bet you whatever I have in SA Gold at the time our team either makes it or is eliminated. I don't want to debate with anyone whether they are a fan or not. I just find your views of the Steelers pessimistic......not realistic. A team only a year removed from a championship with a QB who had a near death experience should be given a pass on a bad season. Apparently you are not as confident about our teams demise as I am about our success!
    Thinking 7-9 is a possibility is not being pessimistic. I am not going to make a stupid bet like that, why would I ever bet against my team? It's not like I said we were going to go 0-16, I simply said it's realistic that we could go 7-9. We are goign through quite a bit of turnover on the team right now, and a alot of teams simply aren't dealing with what we are dealing with at the moment. Once again, it is retarded for anyone to bet against their team.

Having said that, a 10 win season is not out of the question either, I don't ever think I said it was. I just said a 7 win season could beb a reality. A lot of people smash Smizik for what he says, but there is a reason he is a sports writer, and you're not.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    What I don't understand is why people are being bashed for having an opinion? I thought this was America were people had the right to state their opinions? But with the way our government is anymore they are turning this country into Nazi, Germany. So why should some people on this site be any different.

I find nothing wrong with what Stillers said in his posts. Its not like he is saying the Steelers suck. All he is saying is this team is coming off an 8-8 year and still has questions marks. So 7-9 isn't out of the question but at the sametime 10-6 isn't out of the question either.

**** let the man have his opinion. I don't agree with Stillers on everything but I respect what the man has to say.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    What I don't understand is why people are being bashed for having an opinion? I thought this was America were people had the right to state their opinions? But with the way our government is anymore they are turning this country into Nazi, Germany. So why should some people on this site be any different.

I find nothing wrong with what Stillers said in his posts. Its not like he is saying the Steelers suck. All he is saying is this team is coming off an 8-8 year and still has questions marks. So 7-9 isn't out of the question but at the sametime 10-6 isn't out of the question either.

**** let the man have his opinion. I don't agree with Stillers on everything but I respect what the man has to say.
    Thanks man, but I think it's been decided that I'm a bad fan, lol. BlackGold4vr knows all.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    A lot of people smash Smizik for what he says, but there is a reason he is a sports writer, and you're not.
    Oh.......sportswriters don't make dumbass statements? Are they ever held accountable for what they write? Will Smizik rerun his article with a "I'm a dumbass" recant of what he said if our team has a great year? Just because its in print doesn't mean its worth reading. Just about anybody can be published these days. The enormous amount of crap being printed proves it. John Clayton liked to bash his hometown teams too, that's why he is no longer in Pittsburgh and is not welcome anywhere near their locker rooms.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok I read the article again and what did Smizik write that was so bad. All he is basically saying that this team has question marks and the Steelers are not a lock for the Super Bowl. Hell I have read worse from Smizik and other sports writers before. To me this article isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be.lol

Reppin' 724
    Oh.......sportswriters don't make dumbass statements? Are they ever held accountable for what they write? Will Smizik rerun his article with a "I'm a dumbass" recant of what he said if our team has a great year? Just because its in print doesn't mean its worth reading. Just about anybody can be published these days. The enormous amount of crap being printed proves it. John Clayton liked to bash his hometown teams too, that's why he is no longer in Pittsburgh and is not welcome anywhere near their locker rooms.
    Everyone makes dumbass statements, not just sportswriters, the point I am making is that more often then not, Smizik is pretty spot on. if you think him saying the Steelers "could" have a losing season is bashing them, then you are just overly sensitive.

It's not just "in print", it's in Pttsburgh's largest newspaper, if it's so easy to get into the PPG, then why aren't your gold plated opinions in print? You're so quick to bash anything you don't agree with, funny, you remind me of a certain Cali resident from that other Steelers forum.

Thread Information