Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smizik: Could Steelers be headed for a losing season?

Bookmark and Share
    i disagree with that bullcrap about Cowher leaving though

So do you think that Cowher will be back coaching next year? If so where do you think he will go? Did it surprise anyone that Rooney hired Tomlin? He has been the leading component of bringing in minority coaches, so I figured that Tomlin would be the guy when i first saw him.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    I really like all of your reactions so far to this article. I think this guy was high on crack and drunk as hell when he wrote this. I can't believe anyone having the guts to pull this article off in Pittsburgh.

All of the Sportswriters in Pittsburgh suck, with the exception maybe of Ed Bouchette. Molinari at times you would swear is a Pats fan, and a Pens hater.

I'm A "Champion"

House of Steel
    I know I would be a name in Pittsburgh if I had a chance to become a sportswriter. I like Ed Bouchette a lot, I've written to him a few times commenting on his writing. He is a nice guy.

Gold Standard

Bob Smizik is an idiot

Is there any question at all that if Big Ben doesn't have a brush with the grim reaper prior to the season, we make the playoffs? I would love to see this guy sit down after the Steelers secure a playoff spot this year and eat about 100 copies of that article shredded and served with a nice vinigrette! Why don't you move to Cleveland Bob, where you can share your desire to rub elbows with losers like yourself?
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 04-22-2007 at 11:41 AM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

House of Steel
    I would probably shoot him if he ever came to Cleveland.

Reppin' 724
    I don't see anything wrong with this article at all. There is a legitimate chance of us hving a losing season next year. When BC came into the league he didn't inherit a team that was having as much turnover as we are now.

I think Tomlin will do fine in his first season as HC, I'm just not expecting a 13-3 record like some of you are. I seriously don't think 7-9 this year would be out of the question. However like TG said, we havent even had the draft yet. Teams can get so much better with a good draft, which is what we really need right now. This year isn't even really the year that worries me, it's the '08 season.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with this article at all. There is a legitimate chance of us hving a losing season next year. When BC came into the league he didn't inherit a team that was having as much turnover as we are now.

I think Tomlin will do fine in his first season as HC, I'm just not expecting a 13-3 record like some of you are. I seriously don't think 7-9 this year would be out of the question. However like TG said, we havent even had the draft yet. Teams can get so much better with a good draft, which is what we really need right now. This year isn't even really the year that worries me, it's the '08 season.
    Good post Stillers................................I'm with you man I'm not expecting 13-3 at all. When the schedule was released and how the talk on here was the Steelers winning 13-14 games this year is just crazy at this point. If the Steelers have a good draft and everything goes right this year for the most part I see 10-11 wins. But if the Steelers have a so-so draft and things turn out like last year then a lossing season isn't out of the question at all.

How I feel about this upcoming year if the Oline plays like the Oline were used to seeing and if Ben bounces back strong then I think the Steelers could have a top five offense in the NFL this year. I know you might not agree with that since I think more highly of Ben then you do. But the Steelers do have alot of young talent on the offensive side of the ball.

I'm worried about the pass rush on defense. It was inconsistent last year and now Porter is gone. I think Harrison can do the job but he has never started a whole season. So thats a question mark to me also.

As for the special teams. I won't even get started. The whole unit needs revamped. But ditching Gardocki would be my first move.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post

Not expecting 13-3 and would never make a statement like that. However, a 10-6 or even an 11-5 season are not out of the realm of possibility. Not sure how you could look at this seasons schedule and think that we're lucky to win 7 games. Worrying about two seasons from now is like worrying about global warming.....ridiculous. I'm sure I could find people who hate our team who have higher expectations for us than you do.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We as Steeler fans sometimes have problems separating our loyalty and excitement for our team from the reality that exists too. Hell Im guilty of it at times, being alittle too optimistic. We have the talent to go 13-3 this year, there is ZERO doubt in my mind of that. However the fact is that there are many questions that need to be answered going into this season and our schedule is no cake walk. The 2nd half is brutal by 3rd place team standards so it's going to take total team effort and full bore concentration every week if we're going to have a winning season and get back to the playoffs.

There are a lot of tough games and we need fight for every play, every first down, every score and leave it all on the field and see what happens.

Thread Information