Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taylor, Colclough confident.....

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I really don't think Mike Tomlin is that stupid. I'm still trying to figure out why Cowher still had Colclough returning punts at all last year? He never showed he could handle the ball well on returns since he has been in the NFL. But Cowher still put him back there last year. That was a bonehead move by Cowher.
    When he wasn't fumbling he was running directly into the kickoff coverage...

House of Steel
    The Cowher talks can stop, he isn't here to jerk us around anymore. THANK GOD!!!! Cowher's worse moves in his career were last year. So much going on with all of us.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    When he wasn't fumbling he was running directly into the kickoff coverage...
    That is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    That is so true.
    It was weird... he did it so often. I don't know if he panics or just can't move laterally. He would run right into the teeth of the kick coverage (especially on kickoffs) all the time.

It started to make me mad and I would call it when he was back to return. I would tell my friends... "21 is gonna run right into a pile of people or get clobbered." Sure enough, everytime... at least we got some laughs out of it.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32
    I really don't think Mike Tomlin is that stupid. I'm still trying to figure out why Cowher still had Colclough returning punts at all last year? He never showed he could handle the ball well on returns since he has been in the NFL. But Cowher still put him back there last year. That was a bonehead move by Cowher.
    One more reason the Rooneys didn't give Cowher what he wanted. They're not stupid either and they saw what was goin on with their Steelers. Not tryin to bash Cowher, he did a lot of good things for us but 15 years and one SB ring isn't that great of an accomplishment.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

i hate ricardo cocface....

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    One more reason the Rooneys didn't give Cowher what he wanted. They're not stupid either and they saw what was goin on with their Steelers. Not tryin to bash Cowher, he did a lot of good things for us but 15 years and one SB ring isn't that great of an accomplishment.
    Nice post.....I agree with everything said in this post. I liked Bill Cowher and I thought he was a great coach. He should make the Hall of Fame. But I think it was time for a change and the fact remains overall in big games (especially AFC Title Games) the Steelers couldn't get it done under Bill Cowher. Overall his career was a success but it did have its let downs as well.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i hate ricardo cocface....
    I hear you Train. But I'm still hoping Colclough becomes a player. That will just make the Steelers better and make all of us feel better about the Steelers trading up in the 2nd round to draft this guy in the 2004 draft.

Great read------DEEZ Glad to see our guys behind tomlin & pumped for open-ing a new season of whoop-*** on the rest of the league !

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We really need Coc to step up his game because if injuries happen he's the 4th CB right now and could be called upon to play at some point so he better have his act together !

Thread Information