Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WR's

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

WR's

Everyone is saying Calvin Johnson is "the safest pick" my words are so what if Calvin Johnson is the prototype WR so what if he ran fast, but can the man play? That would be a yes!

Me personally top WR's go

Calvin Johnson
    Dwayne Jarrett
    -----------------
    Anthony Gonzalez
    Ted Ginn Jr
    Steve Smith
    -----------------
    Sidney Rice
    Jason Hill

How do you guys feel? I personally would like to see Steelers nab Anthony Gonzalez if he is there in the 2nd. That would be a steal. If not him then Hunt all the way!
    Last edited by MillerTime83; 04-21-2007 at 03:32 AM.

I really like Robert Meachum... although he could be a "workout warrior". His stats don't compare to how he performed at the combine or the college all-star challenge. The dude is like a robot... I was impressed.
    Last edited by BB2W; 04-21-2007 at 03:47 AM.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    I really like Robert Meachum... although he could be a "workout warrior". His stats don't compare to how he performed at the combine of the college all-star challenge. The dude is like a robot... I was impressed.
    Yeah I like him too but I had to limit myself to 7 wide outs. LOL i originally had only 5. I think Jarret ,although running not so hot in the 40, is going to have the best rookie WR season out of this draft for two reasons.
    1. he wont be going to one of the worst team in the NFL based on last year.
    2. he has a nose for the end zone. I think him not running at the combine and then running 4.57 when he finally did droped his rank further then it should have. I mean 216 receptions, 41 touchdowns, 3,138 yards (14.5 avg.)
    Whats not to like?

I think Meachem should be the 3rd or 4th off the board. Something has to be said for consitancy
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

House of Steel
    Meachem is a RED ZONE FORCE OF TERROR. I think he would fit very well in the Steelers plan, but in my heart, I say, he could be heading to Kansas City or San Diego who needs a player of his calibur. He is going to be a fine pro.

Rookie Free Agent
    Yeah getting Meachem would be awesome but I doubt we'll be able to get him.

House of Steel
    meachem is a rare special player, this kid stretching everything and catching everything thrown at him, he is going to be a star in this league without a doubt.

please don't get a reciver in the first 4 round please, id rather have a cb in the first round then a wr in the first 4 rounds. we need a rb instead a wr we don't even need a wr a like Gonzales but I don't want a wasted picked on a position we don't need.

House of Steel
    What's wrong with picking up a WR in the 3rd or 4th round???? Wilson isn't doing **** for us, I think we could get a gem in those rounds. I wouldn't mind getting a receiver. Of course, we need to set the priority on getting a OL, DB, RB, WR, and P. I think in the fourth round we could go after that Punter from Baylor, I don't want to offend K-train, cause I can't spell his last name correctly. We do need a Punter.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Where is Dwayne Bowe on that list? Hey I think Bowe is the 3rd or 4th best WR in this draft.

As for the Steelers drafting a WR. You can never have enough weapons for your QB. The Steelers can still can some WRs in the 3rd or 4th rounds. I really like Jacoby Jones the WR from Lane.

Thread Information