Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Muncy

Bookmark and Share

Matt Muncy

I had to post this because he is a friend of mine... prolly more of a friend of a friend, we have many common friends. I've partied with him in Miamisburg and at Ohio University over the years. I've talked with him about football and the draft many times.

At Miamisburg High School where we both graduated from he is the best runningback in school history. He was recruited by some top programs to play safety or linebacker, but he chose OU where he was told he would have a chance to compete at runningback. He was eventually moved to linebacker where he put on 30 pounds and started a few games as a freshman... he became one of the best defensive players in the MAC.

I've seen him play at OU on TV and in person, and the guy is everywhere on the field. He put up some sick numbers in his time at OU and was named MAC Defensive Player of the Week multiple times, and he also earned All MAC honors as a junior and as a senior. He is projected to go in the 6th or 7th round.

link: http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=28&a=573
    Last edited by BB2W; 04-21-2007 at 01:33 AM.

Draft Pick
    Good scouting lol could be Steelers diamond in the rough as they like to say. Would probablybe a work in progress though.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime83 View Post
    Good scouting lol could be Steelers diamond in the rough as they like to say. Would probablybe a work in progress though.
    I don't think the Steelers will look at him, but he would be a beast on special teams.

I was suprised to see that scouting report question his athletisism... it is usually one of his strengths in most scouting reports and is obvious on TV or in person. Although it was in the MAC and many of his best games came against teams like Buffalo.

Muncy was singed as a UDFA by the BUNGLES!!!

It's cool for him... he gets to say he played for his favorite team and he is very close to home.

There was an article in the Dayton Daily News about him and he said... "What I bring to the football team is I'm a relentless football player who will do whatever it takes to make the team, and make an impact." I love it!... except for he's a BUNG!!!

The article talked about how he met with the Bengals on April 18th... and is expected to compete for a spot on kick coverage.

The dude is a beast with a motor that won't quit!... I'm pulling for him even though he's a Bengal. Friends over foes.

hell yeah good for him, even though hes playing for scum

hes living a dream, cant hate on someone for that

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    hell yeah good for him, even though hes playing for scum

hes living a dream, cant hate on someone for that
    Thanks for being positive... I feel the same way.

I just talked to a friend who talked to him on Monday and Muncy said he can't wait to run around at hit some people at this level. He said he's leaving it all on the field... I hate to say it, but I love it.

I'm not gonna miss a Bengals pre-season game this year... they are all telivised in this area.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Cool at my school we have one kid going to UConn for Football and a Kid going to Temple for Bball

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    Muncy was singed as a UDFA by the BUNGLES!!!

It's cool for him... he gets to say he played for his favorite team and he is very close to home.

There was an article in the Dayton Daily News about him and he said... "What I bring to the football team is I'm a relentless football player who will do whatever it takes to make the team, and make an impact." I love it!... except for he's a BUNG!!!

The article talked about how he met with the Bengals on April 18th... and is expected to compete for a spot on kick coverage.

The dude is a beast with a motor that won't quit!... I'm pulling for him even though he's a Bengal. Friends over foes.
    Thats cool man...like K said, hes livin his dream, how many people can say that. Good luck to him.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

House of Steel
    All I say is Good Luck to Him. I am sure he will cherish his moments of living his dream playing in the National Football League. Bengals or not, Good For Him!!!! I wish him well.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

That is a nice story, I am also happy for anyone who is doing what he or she dreamed of as a kid.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Thread Information