Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Notebook: Big Ben, Cowher had problems

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    Last I checked he was at the Pro-Bowl last year, and a USA Today All-Pro. Ben is an above avg QB at best, this "feud" with Cowher is just another excuse. If he tanks again this year, is he going to blame it on Tomlin this time?
    Dude he didn't blame his rocky relationship with Cowher as a reason for his poor play last year. Where in the hell did that come from? All he said he had a poor relationship with Coach Cowher.

You can bash Ben all you want but if wasn't for that above average at best QB the Steelers don't even make the Super Bowl. As for Faneca he is a vet and supposed to be a leader on this team but instead he is acting like a bitch.

House of Steel
    Stillers, Faneca is the offensive voice and leader of the Steelers, if he is a leader, no matter what, mandatory or voluntarily, SET A DAMN EXAMPLE for other and show up at mini-camp. He is being a whining dick about this damn Grimm ****. He needs to move on and play like a man cause he is under contract with the Steelers. He is pissing me off cause he can't seem to get over it. If he is damn unhappy in Pittsburgh, I say trade the stupid moron. WE CAN PLUG IN A PLAYER AND BE FINE WITHOUT HIM. That is the Steelers Tradition. I don't care what your *** says about Faneca. Your getting pretty nasty with your attitude lately anyhow. Man, wise up and respect others opinion instead of calling us dicks.

As far as Ben is concerned, your a trip. If it wasn't for Ben, we wouldn't had won the one for the thumb.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 04-21-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Dude he didn't blame his rocky relationship with Cowher as a reason for his poor play last year. Where in the hell did that come from? All he said he had a poor relationship with Coach Cowher.

You can bash Ben all you want but if wasn't for that above average at best QB the Steelers don't even make the Super Bowl. As for Faneca he is a vet and supposed to be a leader on this team but instead he is acting like a bitch.
    Dude, Ben is Jake Delhomme at best, if he puts the weight back on, then he has a chance to be a Pro-Bowler.

He didn't come right out and say the reason he had bad season was b/c off his "rocky" relationship with Cowher (they sure looked happy in 05), but you know everyone is like, "Ohhhhh so thats why he sucked so bad last year." This is just a latent excuse, why else would he even bring it up?

If I'm Ben, (which I'm not, he can't drink to save his life lol), I'm not bringing up **** from last year, I would let *******es like me do that on message boards. He needs to focus on getting the job done and giving Steeler fans a reason to say he is a better QB than Carson Palmer, not bringing up **** from last year.

I want Ben to be good, I really do, but he just seemed to let the Super Bowl go to his head, I really hope last season grounded him. He has all the potential in the world, but so did Troy Edwards.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I want Ben to be good, I really do, but he just seemed to let the Super Bowl go to his head, I really hope last season grounded him. He has all the potential in the world, but so did Troy Edwards.
    Everybody let the SB go to their head, Ben wasn't the only one, they all had a crappy year and they were all to blame, including BC, for a subpar 2006 season.

House of Steel
    He needs to focus on getting the job done and giving Steeler fans a reason to say he is a better QB than Carson Palmer, not bringing up **** from last year.

I want Ben to be good, I really do, but he just seemed to let the Super Bowl go to his head, I really hope last season grounded him. He has all the potential in the world, but so did Troy Edwards
    That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. THE MAN WON A SB. HE PROVED HIMSELF!!! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT??? The man is going to have a bad season or two, but damn it, he is a champion no matter what.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Stillers, Faneca is the offensive voice and leader of the Steelers, if he is a leader, no matter what, mandatory or voluntarily, SET A DAMN EXAMPLE for other and show up at mini-camp. He is being a whining dick about this damn Grimm ****. He needs to move on and play like a man cause he is under contract with the Steelers. He is pissing me off cause he can't seem to get over it. If he is damn unhappy in Pittsburgh, I say trade the stupid moron. WE CAN PLUG IN A PLAYER AND BE FINE WITHOUT HIM. That is the Steelers Tradition. I don't care what your *** says about Faneca. Your getting pretty nasty with your attitude lately anyhow. Man, wise up and respect others opinion instead of calling us dicks.

As far as Ben is concerned, your a trip. If it wasn't for Ben, we wouldn't had won the one for the thumb. Get your head out of your ***. Yeah, I am starting to get nasty cause I am sick of you tearing people down lately.
    Steelers tradition is, we almost always have at least one future HOF'er on our O-line. Faneca is nont doing anything wrong right now, if these mini-camps were that important for him, he would be there.

He has a right to be pissy, the Steelers also TRADITIONALLY talk about extending contracts when there is a year left on the original deal. No talks yet with him. I know the chnces of re-signing him are slim, but to not even bring anything to the table is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. THE MAN WON A SB. HE PROVED HIMSELF!!! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT??? The man is going to have a bad season or two, but damn it, he is a champion no matter what.
    Ben won it on his own huh? He was huge in the playoffs, I will give you that, but he did everything in his power to lose the SB. I would wager to say that if we didn't have any one of the following: ARE, FWP, or Hines, we lose the SB. The coaching was also huge in the playoffs, so don't act like Ben did it all on his own.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 04-21-2007 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post

Great points there. Ben was on fire in the 05 playoffs. I don't feel good about Faneca, he's been acting wierd since Tomlin was hired. I hope he gets his act together or we may have to start looking at Guards this year in the draft. Maybe Ben Grubbs.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Last few posts of this thread will be edit'd for content....

House of Steel
    THANK YOU!!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Keep this thread kosher or it's gone....

Thread Information